[NOC Code 3413, Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates]
Full-time position based on 37.5 hours weekly.
Median Wage $22.85/hour [B.C North Coast]
This posting is for multiple positions within Continuing Care and is open to all applicants.
While you prepared, we got ready.
You’ve prepared yourself for a Continuing Care Career because that’s where your heart is, where your interests and skills lie. You want to use what you know and have learned to provide the kind of care that enables people to live out their lives in the best way possible.
Well we’ve been preparing too…….
Our philosophy of care is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
….and what we’ve prepared is a place for you on our team.
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Yukon Government’s Continuing Care community. We’re growing, and will be opening a new facility in Whitehorse in 2018.
As a Nursing Home Attendant in Continuing Care, you’ll be part of a collaborative and supportive team environment. You’ll report to the Registered Nurse Supervisor and assist the nursing team in providing direct care to residents (children, adults, seniors) to help meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. You will also participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care plans. You’ll be stepping into a full-time career with all the benefits, responsibilities and opportunities for growth and advancement that you strive for.
We’re waiting for you!
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Health Care Aide(HCA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), Continuing Care Assistant (CCA), or Personal Care Aide (PCA) certificate recognized from a Canadian Educational Institute, or equivalent healthcare field.
- Recently applied knowledge of Health Care Aide theory, practices & techniques.
- Recent experience charting and documenting progress notes.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to a Respectful Workplace.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Strong commitment to providing a safe, respectful and home-like environment for our residents.
- Ability to work constructively within an transdisciplinary team and equally able to work independently.
- Ability to provide ongoing assistance to long term care residents (children, adults and seniors) in the activities of daily living.
Conditions of Employment: TB screening, Vulnerable Sector RCMP Security Clearance and CPR Level C and WHMIS 2015, Health Care Aide certificate, Food Safe (completed within the last 2 years)
Job Requirements: Shift Work; Exposure to flowers and/or plants and/or second hand smoke; Exposure to animals; Heavy lifting and bending; Exposure to latex products and other irritants; Exposure to weather while assisting residents outside; Lifting up to 50 lbs as part of resident care and transfers
For more information and to apply
Please visit https://yukongovernment.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/13021 to apply.