Casual Nursing Unit Clerk Opportunities at BC Children’s Hospital!
The Nursing Unit Clerk performs a range of clerical functions utilizing computerized software programs which relate to the operation of the PBCU area such as maintaining patient records, transcribing and processing physician orders, calling in relief PBCU staff, requisitioning supplies, typing, and reception duties.
In this role, you will:
- Transcribe to appropriate forms and process physician orders for laboratory tests, medications, diagnostic tests, treatments, and surgical pre and post-operative procedures.
- Set up, maintain, and complete patient charts; record information such as weight, temperature, pulse, respiration, and lab test results in charts or other records as directed; attach documents such as laboratory and special examination reports to charts after review by authorized staff.
- Accept calls from PBCU staff regarding illness and absence from work and communicate information received to the unit(s) and appropriate personnel; call in relief staff according to pre-determined guidelines and refers problems/difficulties to the supervisor; maintain relief staff contact list information and other related records; maintain timekeeping records for PBCU staff; and submit to Payroll as required.
- Perform receptionist duties by receiving patients, visitors, and others; answer queries or direct them to appropriate area or staff.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, answering the telephone, requisitioning supplies from stores and maintaining related records such as time sheets and census information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized Nursing Unit Clerk program
- Grade 12 graduation
- Medical terminology
- One (1) year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
You have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Deal with others effectively
- Physically carry out the duties of the position
- Keyboard 40 wpm
- Organize work
- Operate related equipment
- Utilize a variety of computer software applications
Reference # 73231
Wage: $23.51 Hourly
4480 Oak St, Vancouver, BC
We invite you to apply by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button where you can register for the first time or enter your Username and Password in order to re-access your profile on our system.
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) cares for the province's most acutely ill or injured children and youth, provides developmental and rehabilitation services to children and youth throughout BC, and offers a broad range of health services. Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (SHHC), a leading provincial facility offering specialized services to children and youth with developmental disabilities from birth to age 17, works collaboratively with BCCH. SHHC focuses on the child and their family while supporting health care professionals in their community. BCCH also operates a wide number of specialized health programs, is a leading acute care teaching facility, and conducts research to advance health and care through the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute and in partnership with the University of British Columbia.
BCCH is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages, and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate • Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
For more information on all that the PHSA has to offer, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca
For more information about the program that you are interested in, please visit the website at www.bcchildrens.ca/
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.