OM General Mechanic P3
What you will do:
Responds to customer needs, inquiries and requirements in a professional, prompt, respectful and courteous manner at all times
Cleans building spaces, mechanical and electrical rooms, and other areas as assigned. Organizes equipment and inventory, retrieves and delivers JCI shipments from the loading dock. Diligently assists Planner Scheduler and other JCI FM Team Members in responding to work orders, work assignments and other work requests in a timely manner consistent with the response and rectification times outlined in the Facility Maintenance Services Agreement (“FMSA”), or as otherwise directed by management.
Works together with other maintenance staff, management and contractors, as and when required, in a cooperative, efficient and respectful manner to complete assigned work.
Performs all duties in a safe, diligent and careful manner, and in strict compliance with Company and Site-Specific occupational health and safety policies, rules and requirements
Housekeeping and Clean-Up
Ensures that all work areas are kept clean and tidy at all time in a manner consistent with good housekeeping practices.
Assists with the maintenance, inspection and repair work on all facilities and systems within the scope of work defined by the Facility Maintenance Services Agreement (“FMSA”), as and when required, directed or assigned, consistent with his or her skills, abilities and training.
Classification Specific Qualifications, Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists with the preventative and corrective maintenance program on facility equipment and systems.
· Performs work in accordance to established processes and response and rectification guidelines
· Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, and fire protection
· Assists in regular facility equipment and systems monitoring and inspection, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure facility uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity are maintained.
· Communicates and records observations about facility equipment and systems conditions and deficiencies and provides suggestions for enhancement and repair where possible.
· Assists in the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair to equipment and building systems
· Responds promptly and courteously to routine and on-demand service requests a
· Records resolution data within service maintenance management database.
· Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements
· Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database when assigned to events.
· Initiates documents to obtain formal approval of work required.
· Assists subcontractors on equipment repair, preventative maintenance and calibration.
· Accurately maintains/completes all equipment logbooks and maintenance records as assigned
· Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
· Participates in and assists with facility-related project work.
· Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
· Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required.
· Assists in enhancing customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
Other duties as assigned
What we look for:
·Must be willing to work weekday core hours and open to overtimepotential
·Must be willing and able to wear personal protectiveequipment(PPE)
·Must have the ability to use hand tools, lift/carry 50 lbs., andto work on ladders/step stools.
·Must be willing to work in a time sensitive manner
Knowledge and Skills
·Facility maintenance experience ineither a Courthouse, University,Health Care, Manufacturing environment, or any other Commercial or industrialinstitutions is an asset
·A good understanding of mechanical and electrical systems in a largefacility is an asset
·Must be able to read and interpret written instructions includingbut not limited to safety policies and procedures, work orders, standard andoperating procedures.
·Must have good communication skills (verbally, written); must beable speak and write in English.
·Must possess working knowledge of computers and handheld devices
·Must have a positive and professional disposition towards work andwillingness to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors and to contribute to aproject team.
·Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense ofurgency
·Ability to succeed in a team oriented environment under verydynamic (changing) conditions.
·Ability to maintain confidentiality of JCCLP and client relatedbusiness activities
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries arecommitted to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates andemployees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rightslegislationand, in Ontario, in accordance with theAccessibilityfor Ontarians with Disabilities Act(“AODA”). When requested,accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment andselection process. To request an accommodation please clickhere. Information youprovide relating to accommodation measures will be handledconfidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies areavailable on theCompany websitefor your reference, andcan be made available in accessible formats upon request.
Job Field Operations
Primary Location CAN-British Columbia-Delta
Organization Bldg Technologies Solutions