Reporting to the HSE Site Manager, the successful candidate ensures Project is compliant with occupational health and hygiene programs across the site and camp (excluding medical) in accordance with project health plan requirements. Coordinate site-wide occupational health and hygiene monitoring programs to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, local and owner requirements. Serves as a single point of contact and provides technical expertise for Occupational Health and Hygiene for the project. Supports overall project goals to reduce the risk of injury and illness to all stakeholders and achieve best in class.
• Provides guidance to supervised contractors and sub-contractors to meet their contractual occupational health and hygiene obligations.
• Ensure that project health risk closure plans are completed and maintained and support ongoing project health risk assessments, including site, primes and off lease as required.
• Represent the project occupational health and hygiene function during meetings, in site-wide communications and with all internal stakeholders and external regulatory agencies as required.
• Liaise with senior project members and supervised contractors on occupational health and hygiene planning, strategy and performance monitoring.
• Attend safety steering team meetings to facilitate unity and acceptance of occupational health and hygiene activities.
• Develop working relationships with project team.
• Provide occupational health metrics to project with medical manager, coordinating monthly health reporting for project, consolidating health reporting from each prime contractor, including as a minimum: planned and completed activities including health risk assessments, health plan reviews, medical emergency response drills, site health inspections, number and type of health training sessions.
• Develop, update and distribute accurate and timely site-wide occupational health information and reports (policies, procedures, health activity schedule, risk register, performance reports and statistics, lessons learned, best practices, alerts, general and critical health information).
• Liaise with contract managers, construction managers and relevant project members, coordinating action plans with all stakeholders on health-related matters.
• Utilize meetings, town halls, toolbox talks, hard publications and electronic messaging to promote occupational health communications.
• Communicate and follow-up on-site health programs to the project.
• Provide occupational health input in project planning meetings.
• Verify and provide as necessary regular training and health education programs for company's, contractor's, supervised contractor's and subcontractors' workers are conducted to inform them of the health and environmental hazards.
• Encourage contractor management team members to become highly involved and visible in the health as well as safety processes.
• Create feedback processes to engage site employees in continuous performance improvement.
Job ID: 124031BR
State: British Columbia
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.