Occupational Therapist - WSIB Specialty Clinics - Lifemark -Peterborough, ON
This is a full-time role in Peterborough, ON. The expected start date is July 2019. We are offering a signing bonus to the successful candidate!
Adaptive Health Care Solutions delivers answers to the health challenges faced by patients, their physicians, employers, and insurers by providing individualized services that restore health and function and prevent injury, illness and disability.
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist to join our growing team! The successful candidate will possess 3+ years’ experience assessing and treating clients within an occupational rehabilitation setting. You will work alongside other health care professionals to rehabilitate individuals who have sustained complex work-related injuries.
This is an opportunity to be a member of an exciting, truly interdisciplinary Network, supporting the assessment and treatment of individuals with complex injuries in Ontario!
Key accountabilities include:
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with community Neurologists, Physiatrists and Psychologists
- Interdisciplinary assessments and treatment planning for individuals with musculoskeletal, neurological, cognitive and/or psychological conditions
- Performance of Functional Capacity Evaluations and Cognitive Abilities Evaluations
- Provision of services within an interdisciplinary team environment relating to any of all of physical impairments, mental health and cognitive concerns
- Ongoing evaluation of client progress and contribution to team reporting
- Attendance and participation in weekly case conferences with the interdisciplinary team
- Working cooperatively with clients, treatment team and third party funders to achieve specific objective and measurable goals
- Communicating with appropriate referral sources and stakeholders
- Job demands analyses (physical and cognitive-behavioural)
- Pre-employment assessments, job coaching and return to work planning
- Ergonomic assessments
- Registration and in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Keen interest in assessment and management of clients with various physical conditions, mental health challenges and co-morbidities
- Experience in assessment and treatment of injured workers; development, implementation and monitoring of return to work programming (occupational rehabilitation)
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle
Why choose Lifemark?
- National reach with a local touch
- Comprehensive rewards package
- Continuous culture of learning
- A career that grows with you – we like to promote from within
- We have fun - it's even one of our core values!