Porter Occupational Therapy Professional Corporation is an independent rehabilitation company providing occupational therapy services to individuals with severe injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, severe orthopedic injuries and mental health issues. Currently, Porter OT provides discharge planning for clients in hospital or rehab settings, attendant care assessments, home safety assessments, community-based treatment, cognitive assessment and treatment, case management services, as well as Situational OT Catastrophic Assessments and Return to Work Planning. We are looking to expand the fleet of occupational therapists and to develop a strong team-driven supportive network. Currently, Porter OT is looking to hire permanent, part-time consultants. If you are looking for a small company with a big heart, supportive environment that includes 10+ years of experience where you’ll have the ability to manage your own work schedule and caseload, please contact Courtney.
- In-Home functional assessments;
- Attendant care assessments;
- Return to work programing;
- Job Site Assessments;
- Situational Assessments (OT CAT assessments);
- Treatment for musculoskeletal, brain injury, chronic pain and psycho-social/psychological impairments;
- Ensuring that clients are actively engaged, have access to all rehabilitative resources and appropriate community services and documenting client progress and potential barriers;
- Completing and maintaining clinical records according to College Standards;
- Communicating effectively with clients, families and referral sources, as well as other team members.
University degree and registration/license with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario as well as membership in an applicable professional association with professional insurance coverage (i.e. OSOT or CAOT) is required.
A minimum of two years of clinical practice with community experience as an asset, one year of practice within the auto insurance (SABS) sector is considered a major asset. Additional education specific to TBI, orthopedics, psychology/psychotherapy is also considered an asset. Current driver’s license with insurance and access to a reliable vehicle is required. Access to a computer and proficiency is required. In addition, the applicant should be proficient with critical thinking and decision making as well as having effective time management and organizational skills.