Occupational Therapist - Neuro Assessment & Occupational Rehabilitation - Lifemark - Hamilton, ON
This full-time position includes health & dental benefits, a competitive guaranteed annual salary, signing bonus, and a continuing education allowance for professional development.
This position provides the unique opportunity to complete on-site assessments at St. Joseph's Healthcare with Neurologists and/or Psychiatrists.
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist with 2+ years’ experience assessing and treating clients within an occupational rehabilitation setting, preferably with experience in completing FCE's and CAE's.
You will work alongside other health care professionals to rehabilitate individuals who have sustained complex work-related injuries.This is an opportunity to be a member of an exciting, truly interdisciplinary network, supporting the assessment and treatment of individuals with complex injuries in Ontario!
Key accountabilities include:
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with community Neurologists, Psychiatrists and Psychologists
- Interdisciplinary assessments and treatment planning for individuals with musculoskeletal, neurological, cognitive and/or psychological conditions
- Performance of Functional Capacity Evaluations and Cognitive Abilities Evaluations
- Provision of services within an interdisciplinary team environment relating to any of all of physical impairments, mental health and cognitive concerns
- Ongoing evaluation of client progress and contribution to team reporting
- Attendance and participation in weekly case conferences with the interdisciplinary team
- Working cooperatively with clients, treatment team and third party funders to achieve specific objective and measurable goals
- Communicating with appropriate referral sources and stakeholders
- Job demands analyses (physical and cognitive-behavioural)
- Pre-employment assessments, job coaching and return to work planning
- Ergonomic assessments
- Registration and in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Minimum 2 years as a Registered Occupational Therapist with relevant industry experience
- Keen interest in assessment and management of clients with various physical conditions, mental health challenges and co-morbidities
- Experience in assessment and treatment of injured workers; development, implementation and monitoring of return to work programming (occupational rehabilitation)
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle
Why choose Lifemark?
- Comprehensive rewards package
- A culture of continuous of learning
- A career that grows with you – we like to promote from within
- We have fun - it's even one of our core values!