Occupational Therapist- Port Coquitlam
If you’re an enthusiastic OT professional who is eager to make a difference while achieving personal and professional growth, CBI Health Group has an exceptional opportunity for you to meet these goals, supported by one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada.
As a part-time Occupational Therapist within our CBI Health Centre, you will be part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team and work in a clinic environment, offering programs and services ranging from insurer exams and driving assessments, to activation programs, and return to work coordination and education. You are a self-starter who enjoys working both independently and as part of a team, and you have the proven ability to deliver excellence in client outcomes.
CBI Port Coquitlam is a well-established and continuously growing clinic consisting of a diverse clinical team working across a variety of therapeutic programs. Comprising of two units, the 6th floor rehabilitation gym is fully equipped and offers a beautiful view of the Tri-City area while the 1st floor acute treatment are is newly renovated to suit the always expanding clientele. The Team at CBI POCO prides itself on providing a positive and supportive environment for all clients and staff, while also delivering high quality service to help each client ultimately reach their goals.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will:
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent client outcomes
• Provide assessment and treatment to a wide variety of clients with varying needs, including those with chronic and/or mental health conditions
• Provide impartial home, job, and safety/attendant care assessments, functional ability evaluations, insurer examinations, ergonomic assessments, client education, and job coaching, as required
• Coordinate the return to work process with all stakeholders in a timely way, ensuring a smooth transition into the workplace
• Work closely with the team and other resources to develop new programs to meet identified client needs
• Network with internal and external stakeholders to promote new and existing programs
• Perform regular, timely charting, reporting and communication
• Record workload measurement data
• Attend staff meetings and case conference meetings, as required
• Provide professional services to other CBI facilities or departments, as required
To take on the role of Occupational Therapist, you must:
• Be passionate about your profession and committed to ongoing professional development
• Have community experience (an asset)
• Be registered as a member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC
• Thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Be dedicated to providing the highest quality of client care
• Bring strong clinical skills in one or more of the following: complex orthopaedic injury, mental Health, or vocational rehabilitation
• Have strong skills in critical thinking, decision-making and analysis
• Have experience in the private sector, particularly with auto sector legislation
• Have excellent time management and organizational skills and be able to work independently
• Be comfortable working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Be empathetic with an effective ability to build rapport with patients
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Hold a valid driver’s licence and have access to a reliable vehicle.
• Be able to work both independently and as part of a team, and to facilitate our clients’ needs by exceeding their goals.
About CBI Health Group:
CBI Health Group is Canada’s largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians.
What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place.
In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 11,000 administrators, support staff and caregivers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dietitians and behaviour therapists.
The CBI group of companies includes CBI Health Centres, CBI Home Health, We Care Home Health Services, Monarch House, CBI Workplace Solutions, and CBI Assessment Services. Our expanding transitional and residential community care network now numbers more than 60 homes nationwide.
At CBI, our people really care and believe that by working together, we can aim higher and make great things happen every day.
Facebook: facebook.com/cbihealthgroup | Twitter: twitter.com/cbihealthgroup | www.cbi.ca
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.