Status:Part-time (Must provide up to 0.3 FTE)
Hours:Monday - Sunday, 7.5hour days(Hours are subject to change based on operational needs)
This is what you'll be doing:
The therapist will work in collaboration with a physiotherapist, occupational therapy assistant/physiotherapy assistant and a multidisciplinary team, in acute and complex medical programs. The therapist will assess and treat neurological patients and progress them through their care plan.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Member of the Canadian Occupational Therapy Association or Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists preferred
- Experience working with neurologicalconditions required
- Cognitive/perceptual assessment and treatment skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience working with patients in an acute inpatient setting
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience working in an inpatient Geriatrics and acute medical setting
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in cognitive assessments and cognitive remediation/compensatory strategies
- Knowledge and experience in the use of outcome measures
- Must be flexible anddemonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with all team members
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational abilities with proven time management skills
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: October 20, 2020
Internal applications due by: October 27, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to a ccommodate health concerns.