We have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join our growing team!
Location: Summerland, BC
Start date: Immediate
Status: Part Time
Specific requirements: Must have access to a vehicle to travel to various work locations.
Our Occupational Therapist for Seniors Wellness is responsible for a wide range of activities. They will travel to various locations in the area, making mobility to see clients a must.
In this role you will:
- Perform clinical evaluations, including admission assessments, ADL assessments, specialized seating and positioning assessments
- Identification of appropriate equipment needs with initiation of recommendations
- Consult with local vendors regarding equipment trials and complete applications/funding letters to Ministry of Health, insurance agencies and other funding parties
- Provide informal education on seating and positioning, independence with activities of daily living, wheelchairs and adaptive aides as well as providing ongoing education to clients and family to improve function, independence and safety
- Provide ongoing evaluation of restraint use, wound prevention, falls and injury prevention.
- Record assessment and treatment interventions in the client's chart as per guidelines established by the College of Occupational Therapists
Successful applicants will possess:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a fully Registered Occupational Therapist is preferred
- Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the Provincial College of Occupational Therapists
- Preferably experienced within LTC or another seniors' care setting
- A valid Vulnerable Sector screening check
Apply today! Visit https://www.lifemarkseniorswellness.ca for more information