Back in Motion invites candidates to join our team as an Occupational Therapist for our Occupational Rehabilitation 2 (OR2) This is can be a Part-time (FTE.6/22.5 hrs per week) or a full-time permanent position. We are looking for an OT to join our Surrey (Newton) and Surrey (Panorama) office!
Clinical duties include evidence-based assessment and rehabilitation services for clients who have sustained a variety of work-related injuries and conditions. The goal of rehabilitation is to support clients return to work through in clinic and workplace interventions. The position involves functional assessment; graded work simulation programs; group and individualized education; goal setting; liaison with employers , clients, and referral sources; return to work planning and monitoring; and job site visits/job coaching. The Occupational Therapist will work on a team that includes Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Counselors, Physicians, Kinesiologists, and Case Managers.
- The successful candidate will have excellent clinical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with a focus on customer service
- An interest in concussion and active holistic rehabilitation
- Energetic team player who is registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia, and at least 18 months of OT experience in a RTW setting, or 12 months as a Kinesiologist or related rehabilitation professional in a RTW setting plus 6 months or more of OT experience in a RTW focused setting.
- Related experience in areas of vocational rehabilitation, musculo-skeletal, Active Rehab/Exercise Therapy, Pain Management or Mental Health would be an asset.
- In clinic training/mentorship and continuing education funding is provided.
- The successful candidate must have regular access to a vehicle, as travel is required.
Compensation & Benefits Package
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks of paid vacation to start (for FT status)
- Sick leave
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Flexible work schedules
- Telecommuting option
- 3 paid personal days off per year
- 3 paid birth and adoption days off
- 3 paid education days off per year
- Education allowance
- Maternity leave top-up
- RRSP matching (after 5 years of employment, working at least 22.5 hours per week)
- In-Services and other educational opportunities
- Signing bonus (per eligibility)
Why work for Back in Motion Rehab?
Back in Motion has received recognition as an excellent workplace (one of Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers 2015 and 2016; Richmond News Profile of Excellence 2013; Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award 2009; and Great Place to Work Institute Canada 2006-2008, including being named the #1 workplace in Canada in 2007). Our corporate culture is one of excellence, mutual respect, integrity, teamwork, and commitment to people. We are a growth-oriented company, and offer flexible working conditions, and an environment for staff members to grow and develop (go to http://www.backinmotion.com/work-us to learn more about working with Back in Motion).