Province: Ont. - GTA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: English & French
NOC: 1221 - B
Nieuport Aviation owns and operates the passenger terminal at the award-winning Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. Backed by significant international expertise in managing aviation infrastructure, we are committed to world-class customer service for the airport’s 2.8 million passengers. To support this growing business, Nieuport Aviation is seeking a bilingual Office and Events Manager to provide administrative assistance to our C-level directors as well as support the Director of Communications, Marketing and Government Relations in the management and delivery of annual marketing initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a self-confident, pro-active leader with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, and be able to juggle multiple responsibilities and manage conflicting demands of the business.
Nieuport Aviation is located at the Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport: Passenger Terminal Building, 1 Island Airport, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1A1.
Office Manager - Key Accountabilities
Reporting to the CEO as well assisting the leadership team, this role will include:
- Administrative support to the CEO: monitoring incoming mail and calendar invites, managing conflicting demands of changes to schedules and coordinating travel plans. Providing logistical support (i.e. expense reporting) as needed.
- Administrative support to the directors: supporting the needs of the CFO, General Counsel and Board Chair on an as needed basis (i.e. assisting in the preparation and delivery of board materials or HR related matters such as organizing HR processes and records)
- Meetings: scheduling and organizing various management and shareholder meetings including quarterly board meetings and dinners.
- Company events: coordinating various business functions such as training sessions, strategy away days, Town Hall meetings etc.
- Office management: ensuring all office functions and administrative activities are processed in an efficient, accurate and timely manner, as well as continuing to improve office production.
- Expenses: preparing and monitoring the annual office expense budget.
- Special projects: supporting various projects as requested (i.e. assisting with an upcoming office move)
Event Manager - Key Accountabilities
Reporting to the Director of Communications, Marketing & Government Relations, this role will include:
- Customer Events: delivering annual marketing initiatives to improve the passenger experience.
- Airport Events: working with the airport’s partners and investors to deliver terminal tours and events that will promote the company and enhance the airport’s reputation and brand.
- Community Projects: coordinating and organizing community outreach projects and charity fundraisers that emulate the company’s values and promote the airport as a good neighbour.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and disability benefits)
- Life insurance
- Parking and Travel Allowance
- Company Cell Phone
- Potential for RRSP matching
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field, OR a combination of equivalent professional experiences and trainings.
- Bilingualism French/English is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in an administrative role(s) that demonstrates high levels of organization, strong customer service and communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- 3 years of international event experience.
- 3 years of experience working in, or directly with airports.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC).
- Experience dealing with complex commercial and political stakeholder relationships is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise workload.
- Detail orientated with the ability to detect inconsistencies and errors.
- Solid computer skills.
- High social EQ with the ability to forge, grow and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential information.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Office & Events Manager’ in the subject title.
Nieuport Aviation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Nieuport Aviation complies with all applicable Canadian laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.