We currently have an opening for an Office Manager/Bookkeeper to join our team in our Kitsilano office. This position is a 12 month contract to cover maternity leave.
As our Office Manager, you will ensure our Vancouver office runs efficiently, is a welcoming environment for the team and provides coordination services to the management team.
Reporting into the Managing Director, the Office Manager will oversee all internal administrative operations, office management and be responsible for payroll and bookkeeping duties. This role requires an individual with exceptional organizational skills and a proactive approach. The capability to work autonomously on your own initiative is key to success in this opportunity as well as the flexibility to work irregular hours on occasion.
When we talk about Bubbleboxer’s , we think of a culture that is collaborative from the ground up. Attitude is everything, and we simply Get Stuff Done. We believe in working smarter, not harder. We think differently about helping. We’re part of digital transformation. We’re the who and how to make it happen. It’s about making a difference and every team member is a contributor. Want to make a difference every day? Then send over your resume and we’ll reach out for a chat.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Vancouver office, including but not limited to:
- Managing the maintenance and general organization of the office, including boardrooms and kitchen
- Responsible for the purchase, inventory and maintenance of office supplies, furniture and equipment
- Making recommendations on office suppliers and contractors, negotiate prices and manage the ongoing relationships
- Managing phone calls and correspondence
- Champions the office culture by coordinating events and initiatives ( annual holiday party, outside team meeting, celebrations, team building activities)
- Other miscellaneous admin tasks.
- Prepare contracts and Statement of Works (SOW). Perform administrative tasks associated with the setup of new client contracts in CRM, time-tracking and helpdesk applications.
- Have experience with Human Resources; vacation mgmt, new employee setup, employer/employee relationships
- Complete and process bi-monthly payroll, & benefits administration
- Supports Employee induction and on-boarding: office keys, business cards & office familiarization.
- Book travel arrangements for the team
- Manage the finance procedure; posting invoices to Quickbooks, reconcile credit card statements, escalate and solve problems
-Processing accounts payable
-Prepare client statements and reconcile with accounts receivables
- Preparation and filing of GST, PST, Payroll Remittance
- Handling the full cycle of bookkeeping
- Liaising with an external accountant regarding month/year end and prepare requested information
- Organizing, managing, and filing documents and receipts
- Administering the payroll and commissions payouts
- Update Finance/Management Spreadsheets (CashFlow, Salary History, Commissions, Expenses etc.
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper must meet the following mandatory requirements
- Proven experience in accounting, finance, or other related fields
- Extensive knowledge of Quickbooks Online
- 5 years minimum of related work experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with confidence and ability to communicate with a wide range of people accuracy and attention to detail
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented; a multi-tasker and natural problem-solver
- Trustworthy; able to discern and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills
- Superior multitasking abilities
Bubblebox was born from one simple idea - to be an enabler of intelligent cloud technology enabling brands to automate 1:1 communications with B2B and B2C customers.
Bubblebox deliver innovative solutions using leading Cloud technology platforms to help our clients disrupt traditional industries and deliver better experiences for their customers. We are a Silver status Salesforce Consulting Partner who work closely with our customers to ensure they maximize their investment in Salesforce and complementary applications.
For more than ten years we’ve had the pleasure of working with hundreds of global brands across a diverse set of industry sectors.