Do you want to work in an engaging and innovative work environment? Do you want to grow your career at a top tier law firm working with a dynamic and fast-paced team? Then look no further! Osler is currently recruiting for a Office Services Assistant.
The successful candidate will execute a variety of tasks in support of the Office Services Department and provide back up, as required, for the Office Services Department.
- Works with Supervisor’s, Office Services to organize and prepare paper work for internal office moves of staff, new arrivals and departures on MAC (Moves/Add/Changes) Excel spreadsheet. Distributes finalized details of the MAC spreadsheet to distribution list.
- Prepares office allocations for staff rotations.
- Books visitor offices and issues paperwork to MAC distribution list.
- Works with the Office Services Team to ensure moves are executed smoothly and items moving have been tagged and signage for movers created and posted.
- Ensures office/workstation are tidy, new office signage is in place and that post move deficiencies have been reported.
- Updates Directory and updates floor plans in Visio post MAC to reflect office/workstation changes.
- Participates in space inspections as well as pre/post move inspections. Prepares inspection reports and follow’s up to ensure items noted have been rectified.
- Invoices: reviews and checks vendor invoices for accuracy, matches with back up documentation and codes for payment. Responsible for maintaining back up that relates to work completed and eventually invoiced.
- Complies and Submits Recoveries to Accounting.
- Completes unknown mail searches and Registered Mail Tracking.
- Maintains Purchasing and Osler Store inventory/stock levels. Obtains quotes when needed for approval. Places order once approved.
- Assists with planning of department functions i.e. boardroom bookings, department celebrations etc.
- Boardroom Bookings Operational Meeting - prepares weekly status spreadsheet for the Sr. Manager and the Supervisors, Office Services
- Arranges for the scanning of all hardcopy Courier Logs, Manifests, inspection logs etc.
- Compiles Office Services related stats.
- Assists and provides coverage in Office Services when required. (i.e. processing couriers, monitors inbox’s and answers phones, rotation duties, placing 310 serve reports, taking security photos etc.).
- Provides administrative assistance to the Sr. Manager and the Supervisor, Office Services (includes Office Services including posting of OslerNet notices, NERP and H&S and special projects).
- Willingness to work overtime and deals with inquires on the emergency after-hours Office Services cell phone.
- Works closely with the Office Services Supervisor/Office Services Sr. Manager and advises of non-standard requests, outstanding items and makes recommendations when required.
- Liaises with Suppliers/Firm Members regarding the status requests, general inquiries and to resolve problems. Escorts vendors when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Two years experience in a Facilities Department and or enrolment in an accredited Facilities Management Course or significant administrative experience, preferably in a professional services organization.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid writing/proofreading skills with ability to create reports and presentation materials
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Superior customer service orientation with a friendly, professional manner
- Demonstrates ability to exercise good judgement
- Intermediate technical skills and proficiency with MS Office (including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and knowledge of Visio and SharePoint considered an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. For candidates with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request in all phases of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada’s leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.