Brock Solutions is an innovative engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations worldwide. Some interesting areas we are exploring include industrial automation, machine learning, IIOT, cyber security, AI, robotics, and other technologies. With approximately 500 employees globally, Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
Brock Solutions is currently executing several projects at Toronto Pearson International Airport. To support these installations, Brock Solutions needs to add on-site team members to help validate the installations, provide daily support for operations, and to drive continuous improvement. We are currently seeking several Controls Systems Support Specialists to join our team. The primary location for this role is on-site at Pearson Airport, but will also require some presence at our headquarters located in Kitchener, Ontario.
Working with other highly motivated Engineers, you will be involved with troubleshooting, supporting, and working to improve new and existing automated controls systems. You will be expected to take initiative in the continuous improvement of maintenance and design practices. You will also be expected to learn and develop the use of new technologies and provide leadership with customer relationships.
Employee-owned company with profit sharing, comprehensive benefits, company events and charitable initiatives, a diverse workplace, BBQs and Lunch & Learns, Sport teams, Group fitness initiatives, and a “Work hard, Play hard” culture are just some of the reasons our employees love working at Brock!
Responsibilities may include:
- Troubleshooting a variety of electrical, PLC, and HMI systems
- Resolving mission critical issues/outages for high profile customers
- Interact with customers and understand the client processes
- Programming/modification of PLC systems
- Programming/modification of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
- Interfacing with real-time database applications to manage critical production information
- Diagnose and analyze systems to determine the root causes of current issues, to identify potential future issues, and to identify areas to improve or maintain system performance
- Support proposals and estimations
- Assist with equipment selection and procurement
- Site commissioning and installation
- Perform other duties as assigned by Service/Support Manager
- On-call service/support for existing installations
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Aptitude for Programming (C, C#, VBA, SQL, Ladder Logic, or other languages)
- Knowledge of PLCs is required.
- Knowledge of HMIs is required.
- Knowledge of industrial networks (e.g. ControlNet, Profibus, etc.) is required
- Familiarity with IT/Networking and database applications is an asset
- Ability to read electrical schematics is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of industrial environments, engineering and production processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Design, Automation, Industrial Engineering or college equivalent
- Ability to complete all security clearance requirements that may be required for the performance of the work
If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.