ONLINE INSTRUCTORS– Year 2 BA courses
(Contract) (August 26, 2019 – June 30, 2020)
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION DIPLOMA (Edmonton, AB)
FACULTY OF BUSINESS, ENVIRONMENT, AND TECHNOLOGY
- Plan and prepare materials for online class instruction
- Instruct online courses and provide academic support to online students enrolled in a variety of business related courses; multiple disciplines from Human Resources, Management, Accounting and Finance
- Plan, organize and deliver instructional programs in an online environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential
- Lead and moderate online classroom discussions
- Evaluate and grade student’s course work, assignments and exams
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities to meet student’s needs
- Maintain student and program records in accordance with College requirements
- Curriculum development
- Work with several College departments and faculty
- Contribute to the achievement of faculty and program goals
- Stay current with developments in the business field by participating in professional organizations and conferences
- Participate in faculty/staff meetings, professional development workshops, graduation ceremonies and other College functions
- A related Master’s Degree
- 3 years of experience teaching face to face and/or online preferred
- Accounting Instructors – Professional Accounting designation
- Human Resources Instructors – CPHR designation
- Finance Instructors – Certified Financial Planner designation
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with proven ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with International Students an asset
- Demonstrated professional conduct and human relations skills
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems (Moodle) and web delivery tools
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Committed to active student learning, integrating technology into curriculum and providing engaging lectures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge transfer and delivering content
- Instructing and evaluating students
- Able to facilitate the instruction of business courses in an online post-secondary learning environment
- Bringing workforce relevancy into the course
- Knowledgeable in facilitating courses such as Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Taxation, Recruitment and Selection, Leadership and Intercultural Management, Employee and Labour Relations, Marketing Strategy, Business Values and Ethics, Business Law, Strategic Management, Lean Systems, Quality Management, Process Improvement, Consumer Behaviour, Risk Management, Personal Financial Planning I and II, to name a few.
NOTE: With the multitude of course offerings, we are seeking to build a POOL of online instructors. Successful candidates MUST indicate how many courses per term they would prefer to teach as well as the list of preferred courses for which they are qualified to teach.
Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted within 28 days.
COMPENSATION: Based on the number of courses picked up
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2019-2443
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter as one document.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As Alberta’s largest community college and regional steward for the greater Edmonton region, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.