Locations: Milton Brampton
The Fulfillment Center Onsite Medical Representative will provide functions such as: provide functions such as First Aid to injured or ill employees, proactively analyze tasks for potential safety issues, participate in the worker’s compensation process, and implement a site wellness program.
- Provide triage, first aid and/ or referral to outside medical provider, if needed.
· Maintain all records of care given to employees.
· Maintain first-aid kits, inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the care of employees.
· Contact outside medical providers as needed to schedule appointments, and if needed restriction clarification, or arrange further treatment.
· Train employee volunteers in First Aid, CPR, AED, Blood Borne Pathogen training.
· Provide daily end of shift reports to the Safety and Leadership team.
· Provide analysis of all incidents on a monthly basis coupled and make recommendations for risk reductions on work place injuries.
· Participate in weekly Site Case Management Review meetings with HR, Risk Management and Safety.
· Participate in incident investigations as needed.
· Develop a return to work Physical Demands Assessments for each task.
· Establish an equipment inspection schedule and verify that the all equipment is being inspected by reviewing tags for compliance.
· Participate in the Employee Safety Committee meetings.
· Evaluate stretching program assist safety with custom tailored stretching program, possibly through coordination with the off-site medical provider or physical therapy department.
· Meet and greet new hires during orientation.
· Be actively involved with site Kaizens (Process analysis and improvement project)
· Learn every job function in facility to fully understand the ergonomic risk factors
· Frequent floor time is required to better under the needs of operations.
· Help coordinate annual onsite health fair.
· Update the communication board with proactive health and wellness tips.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to communicate safety needs at all levels of the organization.
· Strong analytical skills: analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
- Must have an EMT-Basic Certification, RN or RPN from the Province you are practicing in
· Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (Canadian Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (Canadian Red Cross)
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Associate will be required to maintain all EMT/RN/RPN and CPR credentials throughout employment at Amazon
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· 3 + years of experience as a full time EMT/RN/RPN responding to emergency calls