Operational Accountant - Mississauga - 3 Month Contract
Your new company
Hays Recruitment has partnered with a leading Financial company in Mississauga. They are looking for an Operational Accountant to join their team. This will be a 3 month contract to start with huge potential to extend. The candidate will be working from their head office in Mississauga.
Your new role
The Operational Accountant will be reporting to the Senior Manager. The main duties include but not limited too:
* Assist in transactions and billing revenue recording and reporting.
* Assist in preparation of commission expense and creating accounting journal entries
* Assisting with completing month bank and other miscellaneous account reconciliations and completing all monthly, quarterly and year end reporting requirements
* Documentation and Support of Settlement & Reporting systems and processes
* Lead, manage and develop a Junior Operational Accountant
* Completion of Bank Reconciliations of Treasury and other operating and settlement accounts
* Clearing account reconciliation, including trace and rejected files
* Credit Card, Debit Card and Prepaid Card process knowledge considered an asset
* Day to day execution and ongoing support of all settlement, EFT and reconciliation activities
* Adherence to contractual obligations in report delivery and billing / invoice activities pertaining to Switching Services
* Other duties as assigned
* Strong excel skill are essential due to volume of transactions in the reconciliations and complexity of Journal Entries.
* Due to tight month-end deadline, the candidate should be ready and willing to put in longer working hours and/or working through weekend during these days.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will need to have /be:
* 3+ years' experience
* Relevant Bachelor's degree from a recognized university or college
* Recognized professional accountant designation (CPA) or working towards it.
* Advanced skills with Excel and general proficiency with MS Word and Outlook.
* Good written and oral communications skills
* Highly effective interpersonal skills
* Creative problem solver, with proven analytical, research and reporting skills
* Excellent planning and organizational skills to manage conflicting priorities
* Ability to exercise great judgment and use critical thinking skills to resolve matters effectively
* Strong attention to detail
* Decisive and confident
* Highly motivated and results oriented, with a bias for action and with a sense of urgency
* Flexible and adaptable to work in a very fast paced environment
* Demonstrates high integrity and commitment to quality and service
* Uphold the company's values of integrity, innovation, accountability and teamwork
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
What you'll get in return
This role is offering $25 - $28 an hour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.