Are you graduating with a Network and Telecommunications Engineering Technology Diploma, Computer Information Systems Program, Computer Science or have experience with computers?
The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative (BCTFC) is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Representing over 500 growers, we market fresh tree fruits including, apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, prunes and grapes.
BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is currently looking for a motivated, team player, who is committed to quality service as an Operations Computer Technician at our Southern location, working out of Oliver.
The successful applicant will have the following key accountabilities:
- Analyze data and images to identify patterns and trends
- Remotely access computer software on the production lines for maintenance and monitoring;
- Troubleshoot software and printer issues.
- Read and submit daily production reports.
- Train and education BC Tree Fruits staff on software/equipment.
- Regularly clean servers, load cells, solenoids, lights covers, and camera equipment.
The successful applicant will be qualified by possessing the following key attributes:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Extraordinary problem solving skills
- Patient and able to stay calm under pressure
- Willingness to keep up to date with IT Developments
- Be able to work with or without direct supervision, individually or part of a team
- Well organized with the ability to maintain and keep clear, accurate, and detailed records with legible hand writing
- Proven diligence in following all WSBC and Cooperative work safe policies and procedures
- Must be reliable and maintain above average attendance.
- Able to work all shifts, including afternoons, evenings and weekends, 8 hour or 10 hour shifts, as required.
- Knowledge in network and communication systems
- Have knowledge relative to the testing of all fruit and recording of information.
- Have knowledge of Federal Government and Industry Grade Standards.
- Be comfortable working with and around machinery in a team environment.
- Degree, Diploma or equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Network and Telecommunications Engineering Technology, or related field.
- Valid Driver’s License
About the Benefits:
We are offering a remuneration package that is commensurate with skills and experience, including the following benefits:
- BC Medical
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan – includes matched contributions by employer
- Three weeks of vacation to start
- Yearly incentive program
- Store discounts