Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Laurier Québec, Place Ste-Foy and Édifice Price
Position type: Salaried
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Manager, Operations, and the team for tasks related to the operation of two retail properties (Laurier Québec and Place Ste Foy) and one office property (Edifice Price) in Quebec City.
- Manage environmental programs and the LEED and BOMA certification programs, as well as all related communications and events involving tenants and clients;
- Coordinate development, maintenance and other projects in tenant spaces and serve as the contact person for contractors and tenants for all work-related enquiries;
- Coordinate projects and events (e.g., holiday decorations, sidewalk sales) in conjunction with the Marketing team;
- Oversee hygiene-related matters, including on-site visits and careful follow-up with tenants, to maintain and raise awareness about hygiene standards; administer the extermination contract and serve as the point of contact for the contractor;
- Manage the RiskCheck program (environmental, workplace health and safety risks): answer questions on a monthly basis regarding the three properties, follow up on deficiencies and establish the required budgets. Take part in the annual visit of all three properties and check that applicable standards are being adhered to. Coordinate the related documents, certificates and reports;
- Provide assistance in emergency situations (water damage, power outages, etc.);
- Issue purchase orders, track budgets, approve invoices and monitor schedules for designated projects;
- Respond to emergency calls when needed outside working hours.
- College diploma (DCS) in a technical program, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of building systems and general maintenance;
- Four to five years of hands-on experience in building maintenance and project coordination;
- Solid understanding of various automated building systems;
- Knowledge of HVAC, electricity and plumbing systems an asset;
- Commitment to sustainability and efficiency;
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings an asset;
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles an asset;
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office) required;
- Leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Keen customer service mindset and experience dealing with the public;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; strong communication, teamwork and organizational skills;
- Availability to work weekends;
- Fluency in French and English.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.