Mosaic Transit Maintenance (MTM) is a joint venture between ACS Infrastructure Canada and Aecon Construction Group, formed in 2018 to provide maintenance and rehabilitation services for the physical assets of the Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) line. MTM has a 30-year contract for the provision of maintenance and rehabilitation services for the rail vehicles, track, structures, signals, communications, traction power system, buildings, and landscaping elements of Finch West LRT. MTM will achieve the high levels of safety, reliability and availability required in the Project Agreement by applying risk-based asset management practices across the full range of maintenance and rehabilitation activities.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As a key member of the MTM team, the Operations Coordinator will develop, implement, monitor, maintain and support the structured planning, implementation, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting of MTM maintenance activities, in order to enable the execution of the operations and maintenance requirements of the business. This position reports to the Maintenance Director.
The incumbent will be required to participate in the design and development of business systems and assess the effectiveness of technology resources already in use or new systems that are being implemented, including the practical evaluation of changes and modification of systems. The position is also responsible for supporting the development and implementation of MTM policies, procedures, practices and protocols through business mapping and workflows.
During the mobilization phase of the Finch West LRT project, the position also supports the design review process by acting as the document controller to coordinate, track and facilitate design review packages by gathering, organizing and transmitting design review comments for MTM design responses.
Finally, the Operations Coordinator will also temporarily assist with administrative functions that include, planning/forecasting MTM daily activities (daily correspondence, drafting memos, meeting agendas/minutes, administrative forms and templates and tracking office inventory). This also includes the creation, filing, tracking and retention of administrative records by maintaining administrative databases for clean and consistent audit trails.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying operational requirements; formulating and defining scope and objectives based on business needs, reporting requirements, contractual obligations, and efficiency considerations.
- Providing design input, incorporation, development, and support for operational deliverables based on the identification, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of statistical data, from integrated information systems, to support the business.
- Creating standardized templates, tools, and reports for the organization’s administrative document control process; developing and updating internal operational procedures as needed.
- Creating, manipulating, and continuously improving databases for the purposes of regular reporting and analysis.
- Preparing timely and accurate operational plans, reports, and procedures for the MTM management team, Board, and associated business units.
- Support the identification, development, documentation, organization and review of relevant procedures and work methods that support safe and efficient maintenance activities.
- Performing a suite of general administrative tasks in support of the mobilization phase of the business, including coordinating team meetings (i.e. managing meeting minutes, agenda etc.), sorting and distributing mail, filing and retrieving corporate documents and reports, managing office orders (i.e. office supplies), maintain logs and spreadsheets for office activities, reconciling payments and receipts, assist in preparing reports and presentations, track and monitoring attendance, vacation, and training requirements, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE)
- Completion of a diploma or degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Transportation, or related field – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years’ progressive experience in a transportation or related business, or an educational background that is deemed to equivalently support the business needs.
- Must have a good understanding of operational theory and practice, preferably in a transit environment, preferably rail.
- Must have (or the ability to quickly acquire) good operating technical knowledge of rail vehicle and rail infrastructure maintenance procedures and practices as they apply to rail maintenance operations.
- Must have a good understanding of project management concepts and practices. Ability to plan, conduct, co-ordinate and execute projects associated with the development, implementation, and maintenance of business information systems.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of information systems and computer technology concepts, principles and practices and their application in a business environment.
- Understanding of Private Public Partnership (P3) structures is beneficial to the position.
- The position is required to become familiar with the Project Agreement, and all other relevant contractual agreements related to the scope of responsibilities.
- Good working knowledge of personal computer applications used in an office environment; comprehensive knowledge of systems analysis and database design concepts and practices.
- Requires sound knowledge of a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering and/or operations technology.
- Must possess sound judgement, highly developed interpersonal skills, well developed organizational, analytical, problem solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as to co-ordinate efforts of others to accomplish objectives.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Light physical effort overall. Requires close attention to detail and the ability to prioritize competing demands. General office working conditions, with occasional visits required to shops and field, with associated weather, vehicle, and task hazards.