January 11, 2019
JOB ORDER NUMBER:
The Operations Manager is responsible managing warehouse operations on daily basis. The position is responsible for overseeing the day to day operating, maintenance and environmental compliance while ensuring that the facility is operated in a safe, reliable, and cost-effective manner. The Operations Manager will actively work with all departments (CSR, Logistics, PC and all relevant department).Your leadership skills will create and promote a positive environment where employees are engaged, empowered and committed to the success of the company. You will be responsible for training, developing and managing operations employees by monitoring individual performance through clearly defined expectations, training, coaching and counseling.
Safety & Environment
- Create and maintain a safety culture amongst all employees
- Responsible to ensure the safe handling of chemical products, adhering to the Responsible Distribution Code of practice and all local, provincial, federal regulations
- Lead Local Environment, Health and Safety committee, ensure all employees operate in a safe manner.
- Ensure all health, safety and environmental incidents are recorded, complete with an analysis as to the root cause and the actions taken to ensure there are no repeats.
- Lead the Local Emergency Response Committee, including periodic drills, table top exercises, training and information sessions to ensure all understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Work with local emergency responders and service providers to insure alignment with Quadra’s safety vision and local requirements.
- Revise and Update the procedures and the SOP’s
- Participate and support Health & Safety initiatives.
Service & Operations
- Manage and support operations employees, help to grow through performance evaluation and setting goals.
- Responsible to develop the overall financial budget for the facility (s) to ensure overall cost containment, and to meet corporate expense initiatives
- Ensure capabilities meet or exceed industry and customer requirements for cost; quality and responsiveness.
- Responsibility for overall service level, productivity and cost of the branch. Measure and monitor service levels, productivity parameters through established KPI’s
- Manage personnel using the guidelines established in People Management policies & procedures, as well as core values.
- Monitor and maintain a policy of zero shipping/ receiving errors, ensure inventory accuracy, as well as compliance with FIFO initiatives. Work in co-operation with other departments to efficiently manage old inventories. Meet yearly objectives on inventory accuracy and management
- Ensure that all damaged goods are reported, complete with an investigation and actions to minimize the chance of repeats.
- Ensure all SLIP’s including incident/accident reports relating to the branch areas of responsibility are responded to promptly, complete with an investigation and actions to eliminate the chance of repeats.
- Manage the local emergency response system, including site security, customers after hours calls and chemical spill response as per policies and procedures
- Responsible for regulatory compliance within the branch (labels, TDG, Provincial regs, Health Canada, ERAP etc...)
- Responsible to ensure compliance with all quality programs (ISO, GDP, BRC, RD, COR etc..) initiatives, policies and procedures, internal and external audits to ensure successful qualification within your region
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership, management and team building experience in an operations environment
- Minimum 5 years chemical operations experience in the handling of bulk chemicals, managing warehouses and/or production
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, able to engage, influence team and external partners
- Completed post-secondary level education in related field (Chemical or mechanical engineering degree would be an asset)
- Experience working in an advanced computer system environment (ERP)
- Proven communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Individual must be customer driven, with a good understanding of TQM, Continuous Improvement and Quality Assurance
- Experience in managing and promoting a safe work environment
- Ability to manage projects within a budget
- Emergency response training /incident command experience preferred
- Knowledgeable and be familiar with such as but not limited to OHSA, WSIA, ESA, CSA, Ontario Fire Code and HRA.
Competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience
Gian (John) Mele
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the “APPLY” button located elsewhere on this job posting (preferred) or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RECRUITER:
Gian (John) Mele: http://stoakley.com/meet-gian-mele/
ABOUT STOAKLEY-STEWART CONSULTANTS:
Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. is an Executive Search/Recruiting Firm with international reach. We opened our doors in 1977 and have grown to be one of the most successful employment agencies in Canada, boasting over 300 person-years of recruiting expertise. We house a team of top-notch consultants, each acting as Subject Matter Expert in their chosen field. As a result, we provide professional recruiting services to clients and candidates in a variety of industries.
This expansive breadth of experience allows us, as a firm, to satisfy all of your hiring/employment needs. In accordance with Canadian laws, it is the policy of Stoakley-Stewart Consultants to consider all qualified individuals for available positions without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, age, disability etc.
See ALL of our open jobs at: http://data.stoakley.com/alljobs.asp
WHAT ARE WE KNOWN FOR AND HOW DO WE HELP?
- Helping talented professionals secure new, exciting and rewarding career opportunities
- Treating each unique individual with professionalism, respect and integrity
- Meeting your distinct needs by matching you with the right corporate culture
By you (“the applicant”) submitting your resumé and/or personal information here, grant Stoakley-Stewart Consultants Ltd. (“SSC”) the right to use personal data for recruitment and selection purposes. The applicant understands that the applicant’s personal information is only collected, used and disclosed by SSC in accordance with this form or otherwise as permitted by law. The applicant authorizes SSC to collect, use and disclose their personal information in order to attempt to assist them in gaining employment with of one of SSC’s clients. For this purpose and as part of this process, the applicant authorizes SSC to take a number of steps, typically including, but not necessarily limited to: Obtaining their resumé and references (and any updates thereof); Interviewing them; Producing a video-clip of them; Speaking with their references; Verifying information and performing other searches and checks, done either by SSC or by an independent agency on behalf of SSC; Evaluating information about the applicant to analyze their suitability to potential positions; Disclosing any information about the applicant as provided by the applicant, by references and by other sources to any present or future client of SSC who, based on the applicant’s qualifications, work requirements, desires and other factors and determined solely in the discretion of SSC, has or may have a position to which the applicant is or may be suited. The applicant understands that SSC will not disclose their information to a present or future client without speaking to the applicant first and receiving the applicant’s verbal consent.
FOLLOW US FOR THE LATEST JOBS, CAREER ADVICE AND JOB MARKET TRENDS:
- Website: www.stoakley.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/stoakley-stewart-consultants
- Twitter (@stoakleystewart): https://twitter.com/stoakleystewart
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/StoakleyStewart
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/stoakleystewart/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/StoakleyStewart