SCOPE OF POSITION
The Operations Manager has responsibility for keeping the plant in a safe and reliable operating condition. He/she is responsible for all Operations and Maintenance activities at the plant. The activities/responsibilities include management of all site operations and maintenance personnel, all contract maintenance personnel, day to day production activities, the Preventive Maintenance programs, the Mechanical Integrity Program, and the CAPEX program. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring these activities are done in a safe, environmentally sound, fiscally prudent manner, in keeping with the Responsible Care ethic and Chemtrade's culture and values.
• Plan, organize, and control Maintenance and Operations activities within the plant. 25%
• Planning and control of budgets for both Maintenance and Operations. 20%
• Plan, schedule and organize plant outages. 5%
• Organize and control maintenance and operations human resources. Plan, organize, and control production, staffing, and maintenance activities 15%
• Organize and lead efforts to investigate, identify, and implement solutions related to process upsets, customer quality issues, process improvements, process and human productivity, and any other variances within the Scope of Position. 10%
• Lead the establishment of Responsible Care ethics within the maintenance organization and, as appropriate, within the whole plant. 5%
• Control compliance of all activities within Scope of Position as relates to plant safety standards and practices. 5%
• Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager. 5%
• Optimize resource allocation for maintaining the plant and improve process uptime. 5%
• On-call rotation for maintenance and operations along with the Plant Manager. 5%
• At least 10 years working experience in chemical plant environment, with extensive knowledge of maintenance procedures with focus in preventive and predictive maintenance.
• At least 5 years supervisory experience.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
Impact, Growth, and Diversity
By joining our team, you will have the chance to be part of a vibrant and growing company. As a company that has grown and continues to grow by acquisition, we offer an exciting work atmosphere and opportunities to make a real impact. Our vision to be a Great Chemical Company is supported through our EPIC values (Excellence in Operations, People First, Integrity and Customers) and our commitment to the Health and Safety of our employees, and the communities we work in through Responsible Care®.
Our friendly work environment fosters positive interaction between employees within and throughout our 70+ locations. We expect all employees to treat each other with dignity and respect. Safety is at the core of our culture and something that we never compromise on.
At Chemtrade, we take pride in rewarding our employees for their commitment, performance and hard work by offering a variety of programs and services. We offer a comprehensive and very competitive health and wellness program, including medical, dental, and a fitness activity subsidy. Our unique culture enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. We offer an exciting rewards program CHEErs! for employee recognition, referrals and milestones. In addition we offer learning and development opportunities through our Chemtrade University.
CHEMTRADE is a publically traded (TSX: CHE.UN) chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. With over 1.6B in Sales, we pride ourselves on our 4 core strategies of Strategic Growth, Operational Excellence, Financial Prudence and our Diverse Business Model, all while maintaining quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care®.
With Headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations across North America and Brazil, Chemtrade operates a diversified business providing industrial chemicals and services to our customers in three main business segments; Sulphur & Performance Chemicals, Water Solutions and Electrochemicals. Chemtrade is a reliable industry partners to the Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries.
Our success in this global industry is the result of our drive to meet the needs of our customers and is deeply rooted in the talents of our employees and the communities where we operate.
Chemtrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chemtrade is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and will, where possible, provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.