Badger Daylighting is seeking an Operations Supervisor to work in our Bradford, ON location. The Operations Supervisor reports to the Area Manager and will be responsible for coordinating the safety, field and new hire for example onboarding, aspects of the business.
- Assist with dispatching units and schedule projects on a daily basis
- Communicate with clients, with a customer service focus on a daily basis
- Assist with project related biddings and proposals
- Supports and improves business development on a daily basis
- Review of operator’s daily paperwork (Daily trip ticket, FLRA, DOT logs)
- Ensure that operators are following Badger’s maintenance polices and procedures
- Delivery of material to the units in the field if required
- Assist and support with monthly safety meeting which includes preparing the agenda
- Perform daily onsite safety inspections
- Previous experience needed in one of the following areas:
- Vacuum, Pump Trucks
- Commercial Underground Construction
- Oil and Gas
- Underground Utility
- Equipment Rental
- Trucking / Fleet Management
- Valid CDL preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Mechanical skills
- Sales experience
- Computer skills and strong organizational skills required, with a preference for Oracle or similar system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a positive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges
- The person in this position will need to be a team leader and have the ability to relate well to a wide variety of people (in the field and office)
- Must have a professional approach to business
Physical Demands Requirements
Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and instructions while on duty
Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat, kneel, reach and crawl
Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended periods of time
Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for some clients when applicable
Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary platforms from elevated heights
Must be capable of working extended hours and variable shifts
Will be required to complete pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, credit check, MVR history and drug screen
About Badger Daylighting
Badger Daylighting is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. We are publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’). Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations.
Badger is a leader in the Hydrovac and environmental services industry because of our great people and their customer focus. Be part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find innovative ways to solve problems.
Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an incredible work environment, training and career advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal applicants are reminded to discuss their intention to apply with their supervisor before submitting an application.