Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$64 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2019 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Le Centre Eaton de Montréal, Place Montreal Trust & Le 1500
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to the Operations Manager and in collaboration with his or her supervising team member, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all electrical and mechanical building systems work properly and for performing the following duties:
- Ensure the maintenance and operations activities related to the electrical and mechanical building systems are performed optimally and oversee compliance with existing contracts with service providers;
- Manage service agreements with various contractors, oversee on-site technical crews and maintain relationships with retailers and tenants to offer superior-quality services;
- Prepare the annual Capital expenditure (CAPEX) and Operational expenditure (OPEX) budgets and develop five-year investment plans for the various buildings;
- Participate in the tendering process and analyze technical documents to meet the requirements of the buildings;
- Decide on an appropriate course of action given designated responsibilities and ensure the safety of tenants and the premises;
- Ensure building automation systems (Metasys, PDM, etc.) are functioning at optimal capacity;
- Oversee maintenance and repairs for the building’s air-conditioning, ventilation and heating systems and ensure preventive maintenance system is running properly;
- Track preventive and corrective maintenance tasks in accordance with various schedules;
- Respond to tenant complaints; monitor and control the quality of all services delivered;
- Help develop operational budgets and track spending throughout the fiscal year;
- Contribute to negotiating maintenance contracts, finalizing the terms and executing the provisions on a day-to-day basis;
- Review all plans and specifications submitted by tenants and consultants; share comments with the relevant teams within the specified timeframes;
- Coordinate tenant fit-out, maintenance and construction projects and act as a contact person for contractors and tenants in this regard;
- Participate with the RiskCheck program (environmental health and safety risk management), which includes answering questions each month about the three properties, addressing shortcomings and planning out the necessary budgets. Attend the yearly site visits for all three properties and ensure buildings are compliant with current standards. Handle relevant documentation, certificates and associated reports;
- Respond to emergency calls.
- College diploma (DCS) in building system engineering technology or equivalent experience in the field;
- Familiarity with and experience in building maintenance and mechanical upkeep;
- Solid project management knowledge for retail tenant fitouts;
- Five or more years of hands-on experience in the workplace and extensive knowledge of building maintenance and mechanical systems;
- Familiarity with building automation systems, including Metasys (Johnson Controls) and Tracer Summit (Trane);
- Responsiveness to emergency situations;
- Strong ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings;
- Team player with a customer service mindset;
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English;
- Required computer skills: Microsoft Office and CAD;
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment; strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.