When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This Operations & Supply Chain Finance Manager position provides the bridge between commercial operations and manufacturing/ supply chain operations. Holder of this position is expected to actively participate in Operations & Supply Chain strategy setting in order to ensure customer demand is satisfied timely, at optimized cost and with greatest efficiency, through cross pollination of best practice across value streams. This role reports to the Senior Manager Finance and is specific to our location in Mississauga, ON.
What will you do?
- Enhance Financial Reporting and Forecasting Process
- Enhance business partnership with operations and supply chain leadership in order to proactively accelerate effective decision making and drive accountability across all functions
- Ownership of cost accounting to ensure appropriate valuation of inventory; partner with relevant leaders to develop reliable annual standard costs; provide analytics to interpret key cost drivers and remedial actions required; provide clear insight on machine hours produced and sold as well as absorption of related costs
- Provide leadership on Ops & Supply Chain Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Forecast process.
- Critically evaluate current process and identify improvements for next plan Drive departmental ownership of budgets and forecasts Develop local reporting that assists department Develop and implement a regular business review cadence with department managers
- Create robust cost optimization/ productivity reporting and accountability in the organization
- Perform month end close activities as needed
- Develop and implement a process to consistently and effectively forecast and track inventory and production input/ output
- Actively interpret and review financial and business results with leadership, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses
- Assist Supply Chain teams in the preparation of financial models and business cases
- Proactively respond to various regular and ad-hoc reporting/projects as well as being a resource on various accounting and reporting issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred
- CPA/CMA designation highly preferred
- 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in operations finance, cost accounting and supply chain finance
- Strong budgeting and analysis skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong management and employee development experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.