Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$65 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Place Ville Marie
Position type : Unionized (6-month contract)
Under the supervision of the Manager, General Maintenance and Plumbing, the incumbent performs a variety of manual tasks related to building upkeep and structural maintenance.
Tâches et responsabilités :
- Carry out repair work required by technical services, such as installing partition walls and drywall, repairing doors and locks, relocating equipment, working on drop ceilings, framing and reframing doorways, painting walls and laying flooring and roofing;
- Weld to repair machinery, equipment, tools or structures on the premises for which Ivanhoé Cambridge or tenants are responsible;
- Maintain tools such as the cement mixer, generator, pump and table saw in good working order;
- Take care of preventive and routine maintenance for the structures and architecture of the complex’s common areas;
- Read and interpret any plans relevant to required tasks;
- Ensure that activity reports are filled out and prepare cost estimates for clients;
- Identify structural and architectural issues and make any temporary and/or permanent modifications necessary;
- As needed, take over projects initiated by the Manager, General Maintenance and Plumbing;
- Initiate, coordinate and check the structural, architectural or general exterior work of contractors and subcontractors as requested by a supervisor. Ensure compliance with industry standards and company regulations;
- Attend final acceptance construction site visits with contractors and project managers for the various renovation, upgrade, retrofit and fit-out projects;
- Keep up to date on relevant knowledge and suggest ways to work more effectively and efficiently;
- Work with the storage attendant to keep an adequate stock of supplies;
- Work as a team with the other tradespeople;
- Carry out all other related tasks required as part of the job or requested by an immediate supervisor.
- High school diploma;
- Vocational diploma (DEP) in carpentry/woodworking or general building maintenance or technical diploma in a relevant field;
- Two to three years of relevant experience in a similar position;
- Committed to high-quality work;
- Comfortable working at heights of more than 15 metres;
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 25 kg;
- Self-directed, organized and able to plan work and provide quotes;
- Fluent in written and spoken French;
- Dynamic team player;
- Highly adaptable;
- Good judgment, discretion and meticulousness;
- Polite and client-focused;
- Comfortable using modern digital tools (Microsoft Office suite and smartphones);
- Experience installing interior systems, an asset;
- Experience with renovations, an asset;
- Welding experience, an asset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.