Inter Pipeline is a major petroleum transportation, storage and natural gas liquids processing business that ranks among the largest energy infrastructure companies in Canada. We are proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers, which recognizes Alberta businesses that lead their industries by being exceptional places to work.
The Operations Trainer will report to the Technical Services Manager HPC and has additional responsibilities to the Supervisor of Technical Learning & Compliance. This role will be based in the Fort Saskatchewan area with some travel to Calgary anticipated for early stages of the project. Site location based on completion of administration complex (anticipate Q3 2019). This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a high-level of subject matter expertise with respect to PDH, PP and CUB facilities and to assist with the development and delivery of training as well as the development of operational procedures.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Consistently perform responsibilities and duties to Inter Pipelines Core Values, Stakeholder Relations Policy, Values and Commitments, and EH&S Policy, Values and Commitment statement.
- Develop and deliver training in accordance with the standards and best practices determined by Technical Learning & Compliance that provides operations and maintenance personnel with the skill set to perform their duties in a safe and compliant manner.
- Develop a good understanding of the PDH, PP and CUB designs and operation.
- Develop Job Task Analysis (JTA) for each position with input and review from the Area Leads.
- Assist Technical Learning & Compliance with the development of specific training packages for operations and maintenance staff.
- Provide technical input and review of procedures.
- Lead the scheduling of training sessions.
- Support the development and become site expert for the Licensor (UOP & Grace) Simulation Models and hardware.
Post Start Up:
- Maintain JTA’s for each position with input from the Area Leads.
- Support the scheduling of onboarding training for new hires.
- Support administrative duties related to reporting, quality assurance, maintaining training records and documentation.
- Facilitate training, learning and development activities.
- Implement instructional and evaluation strategies, methods and techniques.
- Work with Technical Learning & Compliance to develop and maintain a solid understanding of learning theory and principles and apply this understanding to the development and implementation of quality learning and development programming. This will include attending train-the-trainer courses and sessions as directed.
- Maintain Training Simulator for ongoing training of Operations staff.
- Work with Technical Learning & Compliance to update and maintain training programs and materials.
- Build and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with stakeholders including H&S, Environmental, Integrity, Security and Emergency Management.
- Demonstrate due diligence with respect to the impact of relevant regulations, legislation and ethical considerations on the design, development and implementation of training and development programs, particularly those related to facility operations, safety, environment and health.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 10 + years of industry-related experience providing and developing training.
- Post-secondary train-the-trainer certification or education preferred.
- Experience with large scale integrated facilities such as a petrochemical or refinery plants including time spent as an Operating Technician.
- Fourth-Class Power Engineering Certificate (or higher) preferred
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) preferred