Operator 3, Bakery-Production
Brantford, ON, CA, N3S 7X6
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Operator 3, Bakery-Production
- Sr. Supervisor, Bakery-Production
To ensure that job duties that affect the safety, legality and quality standards are addressed.
- To set up, operate, and monitor high speed continuous donut / bread production line.
- The ability to communicate effectively, organize effectively, with varying degrees of independence, judgment, and discretion.
- Operation of high speed continuous donut / bread / pastry production line
- Setting up, operating and monitoring the line equipment
- Liaise with appropriate staff throughout the shift to ensure continuous process and quality standards
- Keeping a working stock of raw materials required on line at all times
- Operate and monitor machinery which palletizes finished products as required
- Data entry of inventory data into warehouse management system as required
- Operate forklift and manual lifting as required
- Maintain the required hygiene, safety and quality standards on the production floor
- Other duties as required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Likes to assume variety of responsibilities in team based production environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven communication skills both Written and Verbal (English)
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Reliable, punctual, energetic and conscientious
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a solid team environment
- Ability to work rotating continental shift schedule- 2 weeks days and 2 weeks night (7-7)
- Schedule subject to change under managements discretion
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- High school diploma / G.E.D
- Clear criminal background check (or has received a pardon)
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to equipment
- Previous line experience in the food industry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Frequently climbing stairs
- Standing & walking for extended periods of time
- Frequently pushing, pulling & bending
- Reaching & Stooping
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must be able to work in cold, wet, hot, dusty, slippery, loud and close space for extended period of time.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.