Title: Operator C
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, Represented (IUOE, Local 946)
Location: Saint John NB
Terrapure Environmental is a leading Canadian provider of innovative, cost-effective environmental and industrial services, and recycling solutions that help address industry’s complex environmental challenges. Headquartered in Burlington, Ont., Terrapure employs 2,000 people and operates an integrated network of over 60 locations from coast to coast.
With an unwavering focus on health and safety excellence, the company provides services that minimize waste and maximize the recovery or recycling of valuable by-products through its facility network and field services on customer sites. This includes a used lubricating oil re-refinery in North Vancouver, B.C.; Canada’s largest lead-acid battery recycling operations, with facilities in Mississauga, Ont. and Ville Ste-Catherine, Que.; an engineered non-hazardous industrial waste landfill in Stoney Creek, Ont.; Ontario’s leading biosolids management provider Terratec Environmental; one of Canada’s leading field services providers Envirosystems Incorporated; as well as operations that reduce costs and enhance the environmental sustainability of industry sectors, including automotive; chemical, petro-chemical and refineries; manufacturing; marine; mining; municipal; pulp and paper; and transportation.
For more information, visit www.TERRAPUREenv.com
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be primarily responsible for industrial cleaning at various industrial locations throughout New Brunswick.
- Perform industrial cleaning using Hot Wash, High Pressure and Hose Truck
- Lift up to 50lbs to set up and control hoses, and to shovel waste material
- Operate vacuum truck and mobile wash
- Accurately complete pre and post trip inspections and work orders on time and in a legible manner
- Represent the Company by providing professional customer service to our clients, customers, vendors, both on and off the job
- Participate in monthly safety meetings and identify and report all workplace injuries, incidents and potential hazards immediately to your Supervisor
- Participate in all work related tasks as assigned by your Supervisor at a variety of locations in a safe and effective manner
- Work efficiently to meet or exceed our productivity goals while maintaining high quality standards
- Adhere to all Environmental and Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- High School Diploma
- Class 3 license is required
- Previous experience in hot wash and high pressure is a definite asset
- Must have good communication skills to be able to interact verbally with peers and customers
- Health and Safety mindset
- Positive demeanor and customer service focused
- Perform physical labour, lifting up to 50-60lbs
- You will be exposed to environmental conditions such as hot and cold temperatures, work areas that are dirty, dusty, wet and noisy, and areas with frequent vibration
- Work is performed primarily on the day shift, including weekends but may include nights and afternoons depending on the customer request
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, such as a hard hat, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, safety shoes, and other job specific protective equipment
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required drug and alcohol testing.
Terrapure Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment without discrimination and employ personnel without regard to race, age, gender, or any other protected ground. Our philosophy is to provide fair and equal employment and development opportunities for our employees based on skills and capability.
Terrapure Environmental provides applicants and employees with reasonable accommodation upon request, as may be required.
How to Apply
Please submit your application on-line under Careers at http://www.terrapureenv.com
Thank you for your interest but only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.