Continuous Improvement Specialist
The Transportation and Logistics division of JD Irving, Inc. is comprised of a dynamic group of unique and successful businesses in the marine, railway and trucking sectors (www.jdirving.com). We are a recognized leader in freight movement and logistics services. We offer a fast-paced and progressive work environment, with exposure to a wide range of operational initiatives and a focus on the future with our new Digital Strategy. Our businesses are diverse and exciting, and our quality products and services meet and often exceed our customer expectations because we believe in continuous improvement and innovation. We are growing our businesses, transforming our operations, maximizing our results and energizing our employees through investment and progressive technology that is making a difference. We value people and teamwork, and we seek and develop the very best talent to ensure that WE DELIVER!
Our division is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Specialist located in our Saint John, N.B head office.
The successful candidate is an enthusiastic communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You will work with key stakeholders in our businesses to build and leverage cohesive relationships toward the achievement of organizational goals and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead continuous improvement projects, cost efficiencies and process improvements utilizing Lean Tools and Methodologies
- Provide analytical support to the business
- Build competencies and capacity within the organization to measure service performance and enhance management approaches and practices
- Facilitate project team meetings and provide guidance and support to Project Team Leaders
- Maintain schedules for projects, progress updates & required documentation
- Research best practices and make recommendations for implementation
- Undergraduate Degree
- Accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and demonstrated work experience in continuous improvement or process improvement tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of performance measurement methods and statistical analysis
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments in a demanding environment
- Excellent facilitation and influencing skills
- Ability to analyze problems/opportunities for efficiencies and make recommendations for improvements
Please apply online for this career opportunity.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Transportation Services Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Travel Percentage: 25%