Orion is a global agency group that serves advertisers by providing smart solutions through media. We enable some of the largest companies and brands in the world to part-fund media expenditures with their assets. Orion develops strategic investments with Media Providers to build leverage in the marketplace, so we are then able to help our clients save money on their planned media while also offering the ability to optimize asset returns. Established in 1996, the company has more than 400 employees in offices across Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and North America. Orion is a business unit within IPG Mediabrands, a division of Interpublic Group.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer, Media Activations
The role of a Senior Buyer, Media Activations is to prepare, negotiate and document the execution of all client’s media buys within the Investment group. The Senior Buyer will train and provide guidance to all Assistant Buyers in the group as well as support the Supervisor/Manager in preparing all written documentation to the Planner or Client (e.g. pre-buy/post-buy reports, media evaluations/recommendations, and other pertinent documentation).
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media activation team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Negotiate media campaigns directly with sales representatives.
- Responsible for solving and clearing billing discrepancies/queries, and managing the BCR in a timely manner.
- Purchase all assigned media to campaign parameters.
- Ownership and management of smaller scale campaigns.
- Execute all relevant revisions to the media buy.
- Explore promotional or value-added opportunities where applicable.
- Negotiate compensation as required.
- Proactively advise the team of any variations to execution of media plans.
- In partnership with the media planning team address market concerns, timing, and brand attribution.
- Develop a media schedule that satisfies the brand objectives.
- Prepare and present pre-buy/post-buy reports.
- Conduct third party audits as required.
- Upload media buys and track changes with a high level of accuracy.
- Request submissions for upcoming campaigns from media partners.
- Ensure clear communication with the planning teams (i.e. involvement in briefs).
- Provide insights into changing market conditions.
- Provide guidance and direction to the planning teams on buying conditions.
- In partnership with manager, lead the evaluation or cost value analysis of sponsorships and integrations.
- Assist with training junior employees on tools and processes.
- Act as a resource for Assistants and Buyers on questions/concerns regarding complex requests.
- Proactively assist with the preparation of media POVs.
- Assist in trade bank allocation for respective clients across media partners.
- Foster relationships across agency partners, with a focus on client service.
- Assist with monthly update of trade credit utilization report across all clients.
- Actively participate and engage in internal and external client facing meetings as required.
- Post-secondary education – University graduate and/or advertising/marketing College degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in media investment.
- Previous experience buying in major and national markets.
- Client service oriented.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, assisting the team, self-development, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Experience presenting is an asset.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient with media research tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
IPG Mediabrands is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in IPG Mediabrands, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.