As an award-winning business, The Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre is currently seeking an Overnight Guest Services Agent to join our team.
What you can expect from us:
The Sun Peaks Grand culture encourages individual initiative combined with a collaborative approach to deliver the finest mountain resort experience for our guests. We value innovation and development that contributes both to business success and personal growth. We also know you have a life outside of work, and encourage work-life balance, including reaping the benefits of living in resort and the summer and winter activities the mountain has to offer.
With a 17-year-old history, the Sun Peaks Grand is the flagship hotel in Sun Peaks, offering an unparalleled guest experience, enhanced by a significant room renovation in 2018. Building on its success to date, this year marks the start of a new growth phase for both the hotel, as well as the resort, under common ownership, and an exciting time for the right individual to join the team.
A sneak peek into some of the perks and benefits enjoyed by our Full-Time employees.
- Full access Winter/Summer Season Lift, Trail and Golf passes
- Dining discounts within our Hotel outlets
- Free access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program provided through Homewood Health
- Reciprocal programs with partnering hotels
- Friends and family hotel rates
- Continued professional growth and development opportunities
The Overnight Guest Services Agent plays a vital role in establishing a positive experience for our guests as they are the first interaction when arriving on property. The Guest Services Agent ensures the welcoming procedures are executed smoothly, delivering an elevated guest experience. This role is the face of the Front Office and is positioned to gain an exemplary understanding of all operations and end of day procedures. This knowledge will provide strength to the successful candidates’ professional experience, opening up opportunities of advancement internally and externally throughout the Tourism / Hospitality / Accounting industry.
- Greets guests upon arrival and makes them feel welcome
- Administers the check in process and checkouts while delivering on guest requests
- Interacts with guests, sharing knowledge of all hotel facilities/services along with the Sun Peaks area attractions that may enhance the guest experience
- Provides reservation information and rate information
- Oversees the lobby and communicates the need for housekeeping services to the Supervisor
- Answers the telephone, directing the calls appropriately
- Effectively resolves guest complaints ensuring the guest needs are exceeded
- Administers the end of day procedures
- Assists in emergency situations, liaising with other departments and making prompt decisions in the best interest of the guest and hotel
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, or a related field would be an advantage
- Experience within a Front Office team or equivalent customer-facing role with an understanding of the guest service processes
- This position would ideally suit a seasoned Guest Services Agent who is seeking the opportunity to develop and progress into a supervisory role within the next 6-12 months
- Capable of working within a dynamic team that focuses on collaboration and guest experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent problem-solving abilities
- A working knowledge of hotel systems, specifically Opera would be a strong benefit
- Proficiency with computers systems required, such as Microsoft Office
- Professional, well organized and delights in providing exceptional guest service by anticipating guest needs with strong interpersonal skills
- Focused individual with excellent attention to detail and numbers
- Team player and a self-starter, with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to take on projects and see them through to completion