Are you currently in school or planning on continuing your education? UPS will pay up to $2000 per semester through our tuition reimbursement program!
- Job Classifications: Part-time Warehouse
- Job Type: Permanent/Hourly
- Job Location: 3195 Airway Drive
- Work days: Monday - Fridays*
- Scheduled Shift: 5:00pm – 11:00pm (flexibility required)
- Category: Warehouse Operations
*Local Sorts will be required to work five days a week with slight changes in shift hours. Shift hours may vary due to the changes in package volume. Regular public transit is available for the area during the evening hours.
“UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. If you require a workplace accommodation, please advise our Human Resources representatives. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.”
Package Handler - Local Sort are responsible for the loading, unloading, sorting, and scanning of packages in the center. They move a variety of packages and they process these for the drivers to deliver.
- Ability to follow set procedures
- Ability to regularly lift up to 70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted
- Able to work with automated conveyor belts and manual rollers
- Comfortable working inside container trailers, delivery trucks or similar equipment
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically demanding and temperature changing warehouse environment
- Must be able to work with and recognize postal codes, routing charts and maps
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work required for the position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
- Full training provided
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Wage starts at $14.25 per hour
- Guaranteed wage progression up to $25.99 per hour
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Group insurance and pension benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Tuition reimbursement, up to $2000 per semester (Conditions apply)
- Free onsite parking
UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment and welcomes all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.
All candidates must successfully complete series of interviews, a criminal history check and references verification in order to qualify.