Preload Package Handlers
Preloaders are responsible for loading and organizing UPS trucks and getting them ready for delivery.
In this general labour type role your responsibilities will include scanning, unloading, loading packages from UPS trailers and sorting packages on UPS package cars based on the delivery area.
This is a fast paced physically demanding job. All work is performed in a warehouse environment that is subject to temperature changes with the weather.
- Monday to Friday (5 days a week)
- Shift 04:00 AM to 09:00 AM approx.
- Flexibility with start and finish times required
- Loading packages onto UPS delivery trucks by hand
- Following load charts to sort and organize packages based on the order of delivery
- Loading 2-4 trucks at one time and ensuring the proper packages are loaded onto the right delivery trucks
- Learning UPS package handling procedures and methods
- Working in the UPS warehouse – hot and cold temperatures
- Working in a very fast paced position which is physically demanding (lifting up to 70lbs)
- $14.25 an hour to start
- Guaranteed wage progression in the Teamsters Union Collective Agreement
- Top rate of pay $25.99 an hour after 90 working days plus 48 months of service
- Paid weekly every Friday
- Health, dental, and vision care benefits after one year of service
- Immediate access to employee discounts
- Promotion from within
- Monthly union dues
- One time union initiation fee after 90 working days
- Criminal background record check
UPS is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. If you require a workplace accommodation please advise our HR representative. Thank you for your interest in working for UPS.
Provide masks, gloves, and sanitizer