This is a permanent part-time opportunity that offers full benefits, training and career growth.
Package Handlers who work the preload shift are responsible for loading and organizing UPS delivery trucks and getting them ready for delivery. Other responsibilities include unloading packages from UPS trailers, scanning and sorting packages based on the delivery area.
- Permanent part time - Monday through Friday 5 days a week
- Start time ranges from 2:00AM - 04:00 AM
- Finish time approx. 09:00 AM
- $14.25 per hour to start
- Scanning package on UPS vehicles
- Loading packages onto UPS delivery trucks by hand
- Following load charts to sort and organize packages based on the order of delivery
- Loading 2-4 trucks at one time and ensuring the proper packages are loaded onto the right delivery trucks
- Learning UPS package handling procedures and methods
- Working in the UPS warehouse – hot and cold temperatures, dust, dirt, noise
- Working in a very fast paced position which is physically demanding(lifting up to 70lbs)
- Available to work daily, Monday to Friday
- Start and end times will vary during high volume peak holiday season
- $14.25 an hour to start. Top rate of pay $25.99(seniority + 48 months)
- Health, vision and dental benefits after 1 year of service.
- Discounted employee stock purchasing plan
- Employee discounts
- Promotion from within opportunities
- Monthly union due
- Union initiation fee deducted after 90 working days
- Criminal background record check
“UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. If you require a workplace accommodation, please advise our Human Resources representatives. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.”
- Ability to lift 70 lbs.
- Available to work daily, Monday through Friday
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment