Job Title: Packaging Mechanic
This role requires flexibility to work in all the 3 shifts (Morning, Afternoon & Midnight)
How will you make an impact?
With 70000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser-focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What will you do?
Ensures the efficient operation and maintenance of packaging equipment and facilitate improvements to meet the production schedule. Ensures product quality meets the standards of Patheon, our clients, and applicable regulatory agencies including, but not limited to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (HPFBI), United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and European Medicines Agency (EMEA).
- Sets up, takes down and relocates all packaging equipment using Set Up Work Instructions.
- Ensures lines are operating to meet production schedule and targets.
- Responsible for repairs, running adjustments, preventative and breakdown maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ensures accurate process documentation and down-time activities.
- Ensures proper clean-up, parts and tools are put away when activities are complete.
- Identifies routine and unique problems with equipment.
- Recommends solutions to routine and unique equipment problems.
- May implement a solution or change to equipment operation.
- Validates that implementation of a solution is correct and equipment is operating and working properly.
- Communicates between shifts with other mechanics and supervisor of key issues or potential issues.
- Ensures product quality meets the standards of Patheon, our clients, and applicable regulatory agencies including, but not limited to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (HPFBI), United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and European Medicines Agency (EMEA) (continuous)
- Follows the required Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) and Good Manufacturing Practices requirements (continuous)
- Other duties as assigned.
How will you get there?
- Requires High School Diploma
- 3 years of previous experience in a packaging environment, 1 of which includes maintenance related activities within a pharmaceutical packaging environment.
- Experience dealing with liquid/tube/tablet/powder fillers, labelers, cartoners, inkjet printers, and overwrappers.
- High level of Mechanical interest aptitude.
- High level of trouble-shooting abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong documentation and record-keeping.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, and safety standards.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- In this role, it is essential to perform shift work.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.