Guelph, ON, CA, N0B 2C0
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 223953
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Perform packaging operations including quality control operations and close management of packaging team.
Essential Duties (Responsibilities)
- All PPE must be worn in compliance with the OHSA/RC requirements
- Enforce/Respect the safety rules and the internal policy
- Stop any equipment / operative works / external company works if safety/environment protection/fire protection rules are broken
- Guarantee and apply ISO 14001 (Environment), and all related working procedures
- Ownership of environmental responsibilities listed in ENV-REF-002 - Associates SEA Matrix
QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY
- Guarantee and apply ISO 9001, FSS/ISO22000, Mars Standards, and all related working procedures
- Support the HACCP program in the department
- Follow GMP-GHP in the area
- Inform Shift Supervisor of quality deviations according to product standards and production procedures
- Maintain CCPs and oPrPs in the department
- Perform the CCP and oPrP's procedure according to SOPs
- Sampling of products to ensure quality control (micro sampling)
- Report any pest activity to related Manager
- Perform and record quality control tests
- Adhere to multi-skills policy and acquire at least one additional competence as established with and by Management
- Training: attend any training program as scheduled by company management and train any designed person in the position
- Lead packaging workforce on line in order to comply with the production planning
MANAGEMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up packaging machines
- Operate packaging machines
- Stack packaged products in case / on pallets
- Monitor packaging machines
- Identify bags / case / pallets according to GMP
- Perform inventory of raw ingredients / packaging materials / finished products in bins, silos and racks (cyclical and period end inventories)
- Perform daily monitoring swabs (M swabs) as required
- Perform area-related equipment first level maintenance
- Any task as delegated by Manager
- Work closely with the extruder operator in order to maintain the highest efficiency of the plant for completion of the production planning
- Full knowledge of packaging operations (Paper bag machines, Plastic bag machines, Sampling machine, On-Process Check-Weigher, Inkjet, Labeler, Wrappers, Screeners, Scales, Quality control, Forklift / Pallet truck operations, Packaging materials / Finished goods...)
CLEANLINESS & TIDINESS
- Perform Housekeeping Checks to ensure compliance to 5S
- Perform operational cleaning operations
- Change over cleaning
- Weekly cleaning
- Hypo cleaning
COMMUNICATION & INFORMATION
- Provide any requested documentation to other Departments according to internal rules
- Shift changes: communicate with co-worker of next shift about machine problems, progress on production schedule, bin inventories, quality issue...
- Complete production reports as required by manager and record any production events (stops, quantity, quality...)
BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Training and/or experience in functional tasks (opt: knowledge of feed/food industry)
- Leadership, Good communication, Cost conscious, Initiative, Self-motivated, Team player, Safety & Hygiene & Quality conscious, Technically inclined, Unrestricted range of motion, Color discrimination, Olfactory & texture perception, Depth perception, Tolerance to hot environment
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.