Insurance Sales Agents
Job Description: Sell Living Benefits, life Insurance, health, Disability and Group insurance using online and Non Face to Face prospecting and selling tools and resources.
|Insurance Sales Agents Tasks Performed|
Prospecting; Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts. Use online and non face to face methods.
Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
Explain necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program. .
Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
Plan and oversee incorporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
Select company that offers type of coverage requested by client to underwrite policy.
Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including life, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies.
|Insurance Sales Agents Work Activities|
- calculate rates for organization's products or services
- calculate insurance premiums
- access media advertising services
- communicate visually or verbally
- compute financial data
- conduct sales presentations
- determine customer needs
- evaluate degree of financial risk
- fill out business or government forms
- follow contract, property, or insurance laws
- inspect property
- install computer programs
- interview customers
- maintain records, reports, or files
- make decisions
- make presentations
- motivate people
- obtain information from individuals
- provide customer service
- sell insurance policies
- use accounting or bookkeeping software
- use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
- use interpersonal communication techniques
- use knowledge of written communication in sales work
- use marketing techniques
- use telephone communication techniques
- use word processing or desktop publishing software