Description: We are seeking candidates with previous Painting experience to support our construciton & carpentry team in the development and upkeep of residential buildings.
- Sand, prime and paint the interiors of residential suites and/or common areas as required
- Exterior building wall repair work
- Suite renovations as required
- New construction renovations
- Assist with equipment maintenance and monitoring, as required.
- Assist with general construction scopes as required and assigned
- Demolition work
- Moving of materials in and out of building, as required
- Assist with various construction activities as assigned.
- Bring own CSA approved safety boots, vest & glasses and wear it always while on the construction site.
- Must be an experienced painter in residential and/or commercial properties
- Experience or expertise in home and/or building renovations
- High School Diploma or equivalent education is preferred. A combination of experience and education will be considered;
- Previous experience working in construction or with carpentry tools;
- Proven experience using safety practices, assessing the worksite and mitigating hazards and being mindful of the surroundings at all times;
- Can competently perform risk assessments, daily hazard assessments and other required safety documentation as required by Northview.
- Seeks out best practices and looks to be proactive about safety while performing all assigned tasks.
- Safety training would be considered an asset
- Capable of working at a height and familiar with required safety restraints;
- Physically fit and capable of lifting and carrying up to 50lbs without assistance, and working outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Strong work ethic, and team player;
- Driver’s permit with clean abstract free from relevant infractions would be an asset