Paralegal / Legal Assistant (maternity leave)
Top 5 reasons why you want this job:
As a Paralegal / Legal Assistant for our legal department:
- Your working environment is both professional and motivating;
- You will thrive within a talented and inspiring organization;
- You want to make the journey with us and we want to go along with you;
- You will learn, grow, share and will become a highly valued collaborator; and
- You will enjoy flex time in a cool, casual environment where your passion will inevitably turn into great results.
What kind of challenges will you be looking at?
- Draft, prepare, modify and revise various minor contracts and documents (letters, amendments, etc.);
- Maintain and distribute quarterly contract management report;
- Draft, prepare, modify and revise various correspondence and ensure proper follow-up;
- Liaise with TV operators for drafting/amendments of agreements;
- Maintenance of the intellectual property assets in relation to trade-marks and copyrights (including monitoring deadlines and ensure the respect thereof; follow up with agents and lawyers; cease and desist and infringement notices; perform online IP searches, and prepare and file applications, renewals, assignments, change of address, etc.);
- Conduct research and advise of global industry and legal issues;
- Maintain corporate books, file annual declarations with provincial and federal governments;
- Prepare board minutes and management minutes;
- Manage domain name and SSL certificate purchases and maintenance; provide update status reports regularly or as requested;
- Organize and properly maintain confidential information;
- Prepare and maintain compliance documents (Code of conduct, bank requirements, etc.);
- Review content for compliance purposes and raise issues/concerns;
- Perform duties of a commissioner of oaths (an asset);
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks related to the position (such as expense reports, meeting scheduling, format complex documents, and prepare various documents for signature on DocuSign, etc.);
- Participate in various company projects, as requested; and
- Report to the Director of Legal Affairs.
Any resemblance to the character described below is purely coincidental but means that we want you at Seedbox if you have…
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant;
- Experience (minimum of 3 years) in an e-commerce environment and online industry;
- Experience with trademarks and/or copyright registration (an asset);
- A high degree of comfort with technology including knowledge and experience in online purchasing, online research and presentation applications;
- Experience with annual declarations and resolutions (a must);
- experience with MS Office and other tools (such as DocuSign, Google docs, GMAIL, LastPass, Beautiful.AI., etc.);
- Commissioner of oath (an asset); and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in French (a must).
Are you also…
- Particularly well-organized and meticulous?
- Ability to respect rigorous deadlines and follow up proactively? (a must)
- Discrete, professional and have a strong work ethic?
- Very resourceful, able to work independently with confidence in a dynamic business environment?
We can’t wait to welcome you so apply now!