Reporting to the Team lead, Foreperson, Coordinator and/or Superivsor on duty, keep parks, open spaces, and outdoor amenities safe, clean and accessible. Ensure the safe operation of equipment and compliance to all park rules and regulations, creating an enjoyable experience for all visitors.
- Assist with general turf maintenance – i.e. fertilizing, mowing, trimming, seeding, watering.
- Assist with gardening – i.e. soil management, maintain and plant flowerbeds/displays.
- Assist with tree and shrub care – i.e. pruning, fertilizing, planting and staking.
- Perform garbage collection, litter picking and maintenance of amenities.
- Report all concerns, accidents and incidents to immediate supervisor for follow up and take appropriate action.
- Clean and disinfect public washrooms.
- Set up/take down for special events and permit holders.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation, care of tools and equipment.
- Perform parking control duties; maintain and direct traffic flow.
- Monitor park patrons to ensure compliance with park rules and regulations, that park security is maintained and rental contracts are adhered to.
- Communicate courteously with the general public and where necessary refer them to appropriate supervisor.
- Understand, adhere to, and enforce Corporate Policies & Procedures, Confidentiality Guidelines, Emergency Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current Standard First from an accredited organization
- Completion of a Criminal Record Check
- Ability to perform physical work duties in varied/all weather conditions
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- G2 for entry level positions – may be required dependant on position
- Ability to successfully acquire City of Brampton Drivers and Equipment permits
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Exciting things are happening at the City of Brampton. Watch our Join Our Team video to hear what our employees say about working here. For insight about Brampton’s future, take a peek at what renowned urban planner Larry Beasley has to say.
Job status: Part time Job Type: Non Union
Hourly rate: $14.00
Applications must be received by July 01, 2019
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by July 01, 2019, and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.