Primary Location: Canada-Winnipeg-The Fairmont Winnipeg
Employee Status: Regular
Part-Time Banquet Server
Be a part of a spectacular event! As a Banquet Server with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts you will create a special event that our Guests will remember. Your ability to work as a team player combined with your service skills and your engaging personality will ensure that our Guests have a memorable experience.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic corner of Portage and Main -- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Banquet Manager, Assistant Banquet Managers, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates Fairmont Service Promise Standards and Fairmont Values in all interactions with both guests and colleagues.
- Maintains uniform and adheres to Fairmont Hotels and Resorts grooming standards.
- Sets, serves and clears all assigned meal functions while adhering to all Fairmont Hotels and Resorts Banquet Brand Standards.
- Services, clears and refreshes coffee breaks during meeting and/or meal breaks.
- Completes all assigned daily tasks and reports any tasks unfinished.
- Adheres to hotel’s allergy policy.
- Maintains supplies and reports any shortages or deficiencies
- Ensures all work areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner free from all potential hazards.
- Participates in regularly scheduled departmental communication meetings.
- Maintains all banquet facilities, storage areas and banquet equipment in an orderly and safe manner.
- Attends shift briefing and completes Banquet standard of the day.
- Adheres to Health & Safety policy and ensures safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Adheres to hotel’s environmental polices and procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must possess outstanding guest service skills with professional presentation.
- Detail oriented with keen attention to guest requirements.
- Previous serving experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have successfully completed Smart Choices course.
- Flexible with hours of work, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be physically fit in order to lift items weighing up to 10 kg.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Proficient in English, written and verbal.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: To be eligible for employment with Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!