Part Time - Drafter
Manager, SK Design
July 5, 2019
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution and telecommunication infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
Primary is expanding our Saskatchewan team to meet the growing needs of our electric and telecommunications clients. Join our team for the ground-breaking opportunity.
We have an opening for a Part Time Drafter. You will be responsible for providing overhead and underground electric utility design at our Saskatoon location.
Your daily work:
- Produce aspects of electrical, telecommunication and gas designs and drawings in AutoCAD.
- Develop drawings including single line diagrams, alignment plans, schematics, wiring diagrams, and installation details.
- Revise drawings for record based on redlined mark-ups from construction crews.
- Facilitate and ensure data integrity in facility drawings and records.
- Uphold and apply standards while preparing quality designs, drawings and graphic work.
- Organize and maintain a design and CAD digital files for each project.
- Provide project assistance to designers.
- Create design details in other
- Be part of a great team and shaping the future of the industry.
- Other duties as required.
You must have:
- Drafting diploma from a recognized technical institute.
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD and MS Office.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- 5+ years experience in electrical drafting.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work on multidisciplined teams.
- A passion for your work and a drive for excellence.
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Experience working in an engineering design environment.
- Experience with other design software such as GE SmallWorld (GIS), SpatialNet, Microstation and Bluebeam.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and a number of career and professional development opportunities.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to email@example.com
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.