At Aramark Canada, our people are important to us. Our 14,000+ team members coast to coast; deliver experiences that enrich and nourish thousands of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities and uniforms. To show our employees how much we appreciate their efforts, we do everything we can to make sure they feel included, supported and encouraged. Aramark Canada proudly partners with world class post-secondary institutions, world renowned hospitals, major league sports venues and leading global businesses. As part of a global team that spans 19 countries and has over 200,000 team members; we strive to achieve a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce that our employees can be proud of.
Learn more at www.aramark.ca
The Food Service Supervisor plans, administers, directs and manages food production and patient services area, complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads food service department. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified food service experience for patients, residents, visitors and employees. Level of impact is within own operation.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal nutrition care and meal service to patients/residents.
- Drives patient satisfaction and maintains client relationships through rounding. Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the department to include the Food Service Supervisors and/or front line staff regarding food presentation and quality of service.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the department.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patientpopulation
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients' protected health information.
- Manages and controls resources and materials to ensure quality, adequacy of supply and cost control within budgetary guidelines.
- Associate's Degree or diploma/2-year food service. Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, Food Service Management, Hospitality,
- CSNM Membership
- Requires minimum 3 years of retail/food service operations management experience working in a high-volume hospitality environment (i.e., hospital, long term care home, etc.)
- Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client and Aramark information.
- Working knowledge of HACCP in a large volume facility
- Ability to communicate (listening, verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Please note all candidates considered for hire will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.