From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours! We are seeking talented individuals to join the band and help launch the Hard Rock brand in the region.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Housekeeper performs heavy cleaning and sanitization duties of assigned areas at the property ensuring environment is safe and hazard free.
- Stocking central storage facility and work centers with appropriate quantities of supplies and conducting inventories of such.
- Maintaining cleanliness in common/public areas of the casino
- Extract and clean carpet and tiles
- Execute guest deliveries issued through Synergy
- Collect and remove trash; clean carpeted areas; remove gum and carpet spots; vacuum upholstered furnishings and fabric; reposition furniture and equipment after cleaning.
- Sweep, dust mop, and wet mop hard surface floors.
- Clean/dust all surfaces: walls, doors, hardware, games, furnishings, door glass, display cases, etc.
- Stock, clean and sanitize restroom fixtures and surfaces.
- Work cooperatively with supervisors and all other team members of the property. Comply with department procedures, schedules and standards of performance.
- Observe and report needed maintenance to buildings, fixtures, and equipment; report any loss, damage or breakage of property, or threat to safety.
- Assist in emergency clean-ups and provide coverage for absences.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lives the Brand.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent required, along with six (6) months of janitorial experience. Previous stock room experience is preferred.
- WHMIS trained or able to be trained on WHMIS
- The ability to obtain registration as a Category 2 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk distances.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
Hard Rock Ottawa values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.