Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Maternal Child - Special Care Nursery
Status: Part-time (must provide availability of up to a 0.6 FTE)
Hours: Various rotating 12 hour shifts (Hours are subject to change based on operational requirements.)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
To provide care for neonates requiring moderate to high risk care in a Level II setting.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire
- NICU course certificate and/or equivalent
- Breastfeeding certification required
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider Certificate required
- Evidence of continuing education relevant to Special Care Nursery setting
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in Neonatal Nursing (Level II or III setting)
- IV and phlebotomy skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess the infant's needs and to plan, implement and assess patient care
- Demonstrated commitment to family centred care within a Level II environment
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary: $33.23 to $47.57 per hour
Date posted:March 5, 2020
Internal applications due by: March 12, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.