SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - Part Time
Hours: Part Time ~ 20 hours / week
Contract Length: 10 months ( + up to two 3 month extensions)
Intended Start Date: June 1st, 2020
End Date: March 30th, 2021
The purpose of the project is to expand the existing Vocera Communications System at VGH to support the new ORs and PCU planned to open on JPN3. The expansion must be complete when the new ORs and PCU open, target January 2021. Additionally, Vocera will be expanding to departments that support the ORs and PCU, including Biomed and Transfusion Medicine.
Specific objectives are as follows:
- Create new call flows – in support of new departmental workflows introduced on JPN3, as well as in support of onboarding Biomed and Transfusion Medicine users to the Vocera environment.
- Modify existing call flows – in support of modified workflows, impacted by the departmental expansion into JPN3.
- On-board new departments, users and badges – in support of staffing growth brought about by program expansion from one to two floors, as well as in support of onboarding Biomed and Transfusion Medicine departments and users to the Vocera environment.
- Uplift WiFi – in support of onboarding new department areas, including Biomed and Transfusion Medicine, as well as elevators utilized by surgical and supporting staff.
The Project Manager must be able to manage multiple key stakeholder groups including technical services, Clinical business stakeholders, IMITS teams (as applicable) and vendor teams (Telus, Vocera). Project management will be part-time over some components of the 10 month duration. Project reporting into both VCH Steering and PHSA Project Management Office are required. Budget management, project plan, risk and issue management along with all other aspects of project management are required. Project manager to deliver above scope including the following specific deliverables.
- Expand the Vocera Communication System user types and add approximately 200 new users
- Purchase additional Vocera badges to support the expanded user and departmental base, approximately 154 Vocera badges
- Build new call flows, address lists and groups to support new workflows on JPN3 and building new call workflows within Biomed and Transfusion Medicine
- Update existing call flows, address lists and groups and new Wireless access points and MAC addresses to support revised workflows on JPN2
- Add new address book entries in groups and new Wireless access points and MAC addresses and locations
- Introduce additional server infrastructure in the TEST environment to support telephony integration
- Test all newly delivered infrastructure, badges and configurations
- Regression testing for all existing Vocera user areas
- Provide Vocera training for new staff and refresher training for existing staff (as required) that are already using Vocera
- Uplift the current Wi-Fi in Biomed and Transfusion Medicine to “Vocera-grade” and wireless Infrastructure
- Provide end-user support during the initial go-live period
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required:
- Project risks and issue management
- Ability to work closely with clinical stakeholders and users in the Perioperative, Biomedical Engineering and Transfusion Medicine environment.
- Ability to work closely with IMIT operational leaders to ensure seamless operational support transition.
- Experience with the IMITS PQTO Implementation Methodology and project management deliverables, such as conducting executive level steering committee meetings, project status reporting, budget management, telecommunications vendor management, manage a testing strategy, resource planning and manage a training and change management strategy.
- Ability to manage and lead vendor teams against contract deliverables.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple business stakeholder teams in conjunction with the IMITS TCM team and Technical Services.
- Partner and liase with the Wired and Wireless Networking Project Manager to deliver a Vocera grade supported wireless infrastructure.
- Experience project managing a telecommunications project is an asset.
- Experience in participating in new construction "Day in the Life" scenario testing would also be an asset.
Seniority Level Descriptions
- A Degree in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of four (4) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Diploma in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of five (5) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Certificate in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of six (6) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- An absolute minimum of eight (8) years of directly related Consulting Category experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.