Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
McElhanney Ltd. is seeking Party Chief's for pipeline projects in rural British Columbia and Alberta. Reporting to the Field Supervisor or Project Manager, the Party Chief will be responsible for overseeing the completion of oil field survey projects. This position will require the ability to work long hours as determined by the construction schedule.
Please be advised:
- The ability to travel and work out of town in remote areas for extended periods of time is required
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing will be required prior to an employment offer. Testing will be periodic as well as unscheduled for the duration of employment as per corporate and client requirements.
- A valid driver’s license with at least 2 years of experience and minimal infractions is required. McElhanney will request a driver’s abstract form to confirm candidate’s ability to operate fleet vehicles.
- Field completion of various types of surveys including well site, right of way, urban, and legal
- Communicate scope and schedule information to team members, set expectations, and ensure project tasks are completed on time. Delegate responsibilities, monitor progress and supervise team members to complete field work accurately and on time
- Liaise between Project Manager and client representative
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise and accurate field notes, records and calculations
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance
- 2-year technical diploma in Geomatics with up to 5 years’ previous experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pipeline as-built experience
- Proficiency in computer applications (Total Station, GPS, Calc Software)
- Experience using chainsaws and ATVs
- Effective communication skills and detail-orientation
- Proven supervisory abilities
- Valid driver’s license
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visitwww.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.