Job Title: (Patient) Care-Coordinators
Reports to: Clinical Management
Department: Patient Health Coordination Cente
Position number: C-O-1002
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Employment Type: FT
The Care coordinator will be the first point of and will be responsible for creating a positive first impression and providing a smooth experience to our clients/patients. Ideal Care -Coordinator will display a compassionate nature, ethical, knowledgeable about health care practices, and provide exceptional customer service.
Care Coordinator (Patient Care coordinator) is a trained and certified healthcare support professional and helps in managing patient’s care by monitoring and coordinating their treatment plans, educate them and their family about their condition,connect them with health care providers and evaluate their progress.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Consult and educate with patients and family members to discuss their health problems and needs using clear communications
- Educate patients on the program requirements & appropriate service utilization
- Check-in (reminders and follow up) on the patient regularly
- Coordinate deliveries with local pharmacies
- Help patients navigate insurance claims and working to create payment plans where necessary.
- Ensure that all patients issues regarding insurance claims, treatment paperwork and code of care are handled accurately and properly.
- Respond to patient requests for review of denied claim and hopefully work the issue out
- Assemble information concerning patient's clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist
- Obtain, manage and confirm all appropriate healthcare service referrals
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g., request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or prescription assistance)
- Provide ongoing support to patients by assisting with coordination of clinic visits, drug orders and other support services that may be offered by the program.
- Collaborate with other health care providers and specialists to set up patient appointments, health interventions & treatment plans.
- Develops and maintains relationships with various primary care provider, specialty and community partners as needed.
- Maintain healthy working relations with insurance companies to help resolve billing issues that may arise.
- Work closely with Care team to develop a care plan to address patient’s personal health needs.
- Accurately document all communications and upload all source documents into the program database.
- Provides routine reports to staff members and Managers to evaluate program activities in a timely manner.
- Actively manage a patient caseload.
Administrative Activities/Professional Development
- Assist with a variety of scheduled and unscheduled projects that may occur within the department at any given time.
- Comply with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and regulations.
- Participate in and attend on-going regular and specialized training courses for specific products or programs as deemed appropriate by the manager to support the business needs.
- Provide constructive feedback regarding current protocols, database(s), processes, and inter-departmental relationships with the objective of identifying areas of potential process efficiencies/improvements.
- Assist in the training process of new team members including, but not limited to, shadowing and call monitoring.
- Other duties and tasks as required and assigned by the manager.
Education and Training
- BA/BS in Social work or Related field
- Certified Care coordination And Patient Health Management Certification is Required
- Training in Referral management System
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in care coordination or clinical practices.
- Knowledge of third-party EMR/EHR, Patient Health Management and Referral Management Tools will be provided
- Knowledge of office software systems including MS Office
- Excellent customer service
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill and ability to multitask concurrently.
- Permanent full time
Full Benefit Package